It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2005, 06:33 AM   #1

Parks71 HB User
If you settle with W/C, then who covers your med?

If I settle with W/C, would my insurance fixe my back for me? The reason I ask is when I first hurt my back, they W/C docs kept telling me its a muscle. They said it would take years for it to recover. I kept working through the pain. I then rehurt it about 13 months later and told them it was NEVER right and I need to see a DR.

They said, its been over a year since you seen a DR so your claim is expired. My regular insurance would then have to pick that up right?

So if I were to settle this time, My insurance would pick it up after a year of not seeing a dr? Am I right here?

Old 02-05-2005, 03:31 PM   #2
(male)

rachelmc HB User
Re: If you settle with W/C, then who covers your med?

hi parks,
what did the dr who treated you when you first hurt your back say? did they do any mri's , xrays, anything like that?
Did they send you to pt for your muscle that they say was injured?
Did you hurt your back athe second time at work?
did workers comp accept liability for your claim that you hurt your back at work?
the reason i ask this is because when i hurt my back i reported it straight away and it was documented into the accident book and then sent through to the insurance company they than accepted laibility and cover medical bills and such.
If they didnt accept liability for the first time why would they want to settle?
I would demand to see a dr and have mri's and xrays and such to find the problem.
hope that helps rachel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2005, 10:51 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

[QUOTE=Parks71]If I settle with W/C, would my insurance fixe my back for me? The reason I ask is when I first hurt my back, they W/C docs kept telling me its a muscle. They said it would take years for it to recover. I kept working through the pain. I then rehurt it about 13 months later and told them it was NEVER right and I need to see a DR.

They said, its been over a year since you seen a DR so your claim is expired. My regular insurance would then have to pick that up right?

So if I were to settle this time, My insurance would pick it up after a year of not seeing a dr? Am I right here?[/QUOTE]

There is a time line, but since your claim was accepted, I believe that you can go back and re-open the claim. Are you still working at the same job? It all gets so messy. You might try looking into other's claims and see how they handled it.

I hurt my back eighteen months ago. The case was closed because I wanted to go back to work there, eventually. But, I have the option of going back and re-opening the claim. I have not had any other injuries inbetween and have been seeing the same docs all along.

As for private insurance, if they think that it is work related, they won't cover you. They will demand their money back from WC.

It is an uphill battle,

Old 02-06-2005, 08:54 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Quietcook; 07-16-2005 at 02:56 PM.

Old 02-06-2005, 03:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User

I fell at work and fought WC for 5yrs and ended up settleing for a strain/sprain claim which is no where near what the injury was and yes my ins. co. nows pays for my meds and all medical expenses as a strain/sprain was not the extent of my injuries and can be a tricky situation.Though since the clain was for s/s my ins. co. now has to pick up bills.
Linda

Closed Thread