It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2005, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

wyldflower HB User
need help

ok, after the bad time I had at this Dr, I had them just give me a copy of the results of my EMG.I have been told I have neuropathy, but someone said post this in this forum. Can anyone help me figure out what this means?

Deep tendon reflexes: weak bilaterally but the ankle jerk was absent bilaterally.

EMG/NCS findings: the motor conduction velocity of the peroneal nerve and posterior tibial nerve is decreased bilaterally. The compound muscle action potential of posterior tibial nerve is decreased, the peroneal nerve is normal bilaterally.The sensory study of the sural nerve showed increased distal latency of the sensory response but the amplitude of the sensory nerve action potential is normal. The distal latency of the f-wave for bilateral posterior tibial nerve and distal latency for the h-response is increased bilaterally. The needle EMG showed chronic neurogenic changes in all the distal examined muscles.

1) motor sensory polyneuropathy of moderate degree, this neuropathy is of the deliminating type.
2)mild chronic radiculopathy of L4, L5 and S1 cannot be ruled out because of the wide spread neurogenic changes into the polyneuropathy.

Old 02-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: need help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2005, 04:54 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User
Re: need help

My EMG showed that the peroneal nerve (superficial nerve on outside of calf) was causing my foot drop (trouble flexing my foot).

What I'm gathering is that you have something quasi-similar...that certain nerves in your leg are affecting your movement...left to right? (versus flexing and pointing your foot). Is that right???

The other 2 nerves mentioned are: tibial (back of calf that ultimately branches from your sciatic at the back of your thigh - peroneal is one of the others, but just wraps around to the front of the calf) and sural (back of calf which branches from the tibial nerve).

Um, not a dr. or anything (just reviewing my anatomy guide), and it's not identifying whether these are superficial or deep (peroneal is superficial).

Don't know if this helps, but I hope it does...
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11
Anterior Fusion (BMP) L3-S1 '13

Closed Thread