It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
worked out today

I used a recumbant bike today for fifteen mins and then the eliptical for five. I was pretty impressed with myself. I hadn't taken any pain meds before or after until a couple hours later. That was b/c I was going to be out driving around running errands for a few hours. I made myself quit though b/c I knew I would push myself to pain if I didn't, but I did well. I hope to tone up again soon. SO, that is a good thing.
BAD, is how much COBRA is going to cost us and that we don't have insurance at all right now. It is very scary.
anyway, we are hoping our condo gets sold soon as well. We had two people come by on Sunday to view it. If we get rid of that, then COBRA will be easy to pay for. But, with any luck, by April one, both of us will be working again and either HAVE insurance through work, or keep the COBRA til we get it.
I hope you are all well. I am excited that in a little over one month I should be able to GET RID of my brace. These days, it causes more pain and discomfort!

Old 02-07-2005, 09:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User
Re: worked out today

Congrats, that's awesome! You must feel pretty good. It sucks that you're going through the whole selling your condo and everything else but at least you can be thankfull for your excellent recovery. Take care. Kristy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2005, 05:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jessie1 HB User

Yaaaay Mel! I bet working out a little bit made you feel better mentally as well as physically. How do you feel today after the exercise yesterday? My doc told me if I hurt the day after I do something, it's an indicator I'm not ready for it yet. Good luck selling your condo- I'm so sorry you have to do that! Has your doc been able to recommend anyone for you in MO? Keep us posted- I'm thinking of you!

Jessie

Old 02-08-2005, 09:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I feel great-no new pain and actually, I have none right now as I sit on the couch and type. I am getting ready to go down right now to use it again. So, hopefully this will be a good thing that I can do daily. I will be sure to listen to my body though to make sure I don't over do it. I'll let you know how I am feeling later this week

Old 02-08-2005, 10:10 AM   #5
(female)

aestrella411 HB User

I am so happy for you! Congrats on recovering so wonderfully thus far!

Old 02-08-2005, 02:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

Hi Mel
I am inspired a bit I will try my eliptical today too if only for a few minutes. I rationalize not doing it because I get up every morning at 5 get the kids ready and go to work at 7:30 and am running, all day (o.k. walking but in my job there is no time for sitting) Take care. So is your back pain gone!
shelley

Old 02-08-2005, 03:27 PM   #7
(female)

lindabobinda HB User

Hey Mel that is great, I love to work out but haven't since my MVA because of pain. Glad you didn't push yourself, and you made yourself quit, take it slow and listen to your body. Hope you get the condo sold soon so things will be a bit easier on you and your husband.
Take care,
Linda

Old 02-08-2005, 04:35 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

ONly was able to do ten mins today, but not because of pain. My legs were pooped! I am still doing well-but I want to try the treadmill tomorrow. I don't like feeling so stationary on the bike. I know people have said not to, but I will still take it slow. I have officially gained ten pound, YES 10 big ones so I need to really get up and MOVE. I did some ab work today too and that was fine as well. So, we'll see!

Old 02-09-2005, 05:13 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

My surgeon wouldn't let me do anything for three months. And I was in the brace 24/7 for three months.
fly

Old 02-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #10

JWHIT HB User

Mel that's great! Are you doing this on your own or did your dr. tell you to do whatever you can handle? I can't remember if your brace is the hard shell or soft one? If your doing all this pain free, High Five! Good for you ! All the other crap that's happening in your life will come together for you guys, it sounds like your recovery is awsome!!!! Yeah
Jean

Closed Thread