It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 12:33 PM   #1
(female)

cincigirl HB User
Angry Feeling desperate....

Ok, I have like 8 days till surgery. I slipped this morning, on a stupid tree root, and now my back hurts worse, my butt is killing me and the back of my leg is all tight and achy. I'm tired of hurting...like come on I'm 31 and I can't slip a little with out being in bed for the next few days? Crimminy!!
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Ok, anyway...my workers comp thing, which is just one mess after another....is finally giving me another hearing...which I can't beleive...anyway, not that I'm gonna get it before my surgery, so I don't know what good its gonna do, because if Im thinking right , they don't reimburse you for monies paid out already correct? and lord knows Im on my way to paying out a ton. So, if they even would finally accept my claim, I don't know what I;'d get now after this is done with anyway....does anyone else? And...has anyone ever dealt with Michigan's workers comp? I live in Ohio but I have another claim in Michigan, and they are nothing like Ohio.....I have an attorney, but it seems like a very slow and drawn out process just to even get a hearing.
My dr switched my meds to Cymbalta and upped my Topamax to 100mg a day, but in spite of the 25 lbs I had lost on it already, the depression has helped me gaina bout 5 of it back...thanks so much!!!
Now, I not only am I worried about the surgery but now Im getting fatter too..g.reat...sorry about all the negativity, but I gotta get it out, last night my hubby said I seem like I am always in a bad mood ...something is always wrong, and I never smile....ughhhhhhhhh I hate that, all I did was sit there and bawl. Great, that is just what I needed to hear.
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2005, 01:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User
Re: Feeling desperate....

I don't have any answers for you, but want you to know how sorry I am. I can't blame you one bit for crying and being out of sorts. No one understands like someone who has been through it. Our lives change and are never the same again....
As for gaining weight, well I think most of us have that problem....not being able to exercise is the reason and if people don't understand that, tough!

Soon your surgery will be behind you and maybe you will be feeling better after recovery. That is the best cure for your depression and for the weight gain, too.

I'm just sorry you are going through such a bad time.

Carol
morphine pump

Old 02-09-2005, 05:19 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User

I agree with Carol; nobody understands fully unless they've been through it. I'm coming up on my 5th year this May...I'm just so tired and sick of all this!

This is a great place to vent b/c we all understand. Hang in there...you can do it. Make sure you go beyond the advice you're given...it can improve your chances of a successful recovery.

If I can come across any legal or WC websites that might be useful, I'll be sure to post for you.
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11
Anterior Fusion (BMP) L3-S1 '13

Old 02-09-2005, 06:50 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

If you win your claim, all back bills should be paid. You submit them to WC and then to your insurance companies and the insurance company goes after WC. You submit a claim for all of your co-pays and out of pocket expenses, including all of the gas that you spent to go to each and every appointment. They reimburse it all. Then if you were working, and had leave time, they pay all of that back, either in sick time or straight time.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

Hi girl
I am so sorry you are having such a harrd time, I hope the days get better for you, and I hope you find some sort of resoution to this pain. I know the pain leaves you feeling desperate, but maybe tomorrow will be alittle better .We are all here sharing so much of the commmon things, and some of us have better days when others are having days in the dumps... so that is why we are here to cheer you up...
I hope the days to come get better
shelley

Old 02-09-2005, 07:43 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Quietcook; 07-16-2005 at 03:11 PM.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:37 AM   #7
(female)

cincigirl HB User

yES, THANKS FOR ASKING, i DID CALL THEM AND LET THEM KNOW, HE TOLD ME TO TAKE iBUPROFEN 3 TIMES A DAY ONLY TILL SUNDAY BECAUSE THEN i CAN'T TAKE ANYTHING LIKE THAT FOR 5 DAYS BEFORE SURGERY. i AM HURTING / VERY SORE THIS MORNING. i SUPPOSE THAT ITS JUST THE FALL ITSELF.

WHEN SOMEONE SUGGESTED SUBMITTING ALL MY GAS, AND CO-PAYS, AND ETC I HAVEN'T KEPT TRACK OF ALL THOSE, HOW DO I PROVE THAT, JUST GO BACK THROUGH MY VISITS? I THOUGHT THEY SAID THEY DON'T BACK PAY FOR ANYTHING YOU HAVE PAID OUT OF POCKET, OR AT LEAST IN OHIO THEY DONT.I DONT KNOW. LUCKILY MY INSURANCE IS PAYING FOR EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW.... WE JUST HAVE A $2000 OUT OF POCKET MAX...WHICH ARE HAVING NO PROBLEM REACHING ... HA....

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT, I AM JUST SO TIRED OF FEELING THIS DISPAIR, PART OF ME IS READY TO JUST CALL IT QUITS...I MEAN NOT HAVE THE SURGERY, TRY TO GO ABOUT MY OLD LIFE...I TOLD MY DAD LAST NITE, ITS LIKE THIS......YOU KNOW WHEN SOMEONE ISN'T FEELING WELL, BUT THEIR STILL DOING OK, GETTING ALONG FINE LIVING LIFE, AND THEN THEY GO TO THE DOCTOR AND FIND OUT THEY HAVE CANCER....THEN ITS ALL DOWN HILL FROM THAT MOMENT ON AND THEY DIE LIKE IN 3 MONTHS, THAT IS HOW I FEEL, ITS LIKE I ALWAYS HURT, FOR YEARS NOW, AND IVE JUST DEALT WITH IT, BUT AS SOON AS I STARTED LETTING THEM POKE AROUND IN THERE AND STARTED GOING TO A CHIRO 2 TIMES A WEEK, AND GOING FOR MRIS AND TO SURGEONS ETC ITS GOTTEN WORSE, AND NOW I CAN'T STAND THE PAIN. WHAT THE HELL? I MEAN EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE, BUT NOW I FEEL LIKE IM DYING INSIDE.

Old 02-10-2005, 06:16 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User

Oh, Honey - I think there are a lot of us who feel that way!!! I just went through that (again!) on Monday. Was going to put that in my first post for this thread, but didn't want to put any ideas in your (or anyone else's) head. I basically called my husband to tell him I was going to find the nearest cliff and just drive off it (good thing VA has few of those). I don't think any of us seriously think that way (I hope), but it's just so exhausting and frustrating. And the longer it takes, the more tiring it gets.

Keep coming here, and be persistent with the doctors. We'll be here for you...ALWAYS. Much support, and you're in our thoughts!

Rampage
Riding Accident 5/20/2000
2 Lumbar X-Rays (2000, 2004)
5 Lumbar MRIs (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)
1 Discogram 8/4/2003
1 IDET L3-4 7/23/2004
PT 2000, 2001
Accupuncture 2001
Chiropractic 2001
Steroid Injections 2001, 2003, 2004 (Piriformis, SI Joint, Epidural)
Massage Therapy 2001 - 2005
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11
Anterior Fusion (BMP) L3-S1 '13

Old 02-10-2005, 07:01 PM   #9
(female)

NewLeaf HB User

What kind of surgery are you having?

Old 02-10-2005, 07:51 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

cincigirl:

We got a copy of every doctor's visit from every doctor and then went to a web site, got the mileage and then submitted it. We turned all of the bills into WC and got the money back.

This was not state but Federal, but I was told that state worked the same way.

take care,

Old 02-11-2005, 07:37 AM   #11
(female)

cincigirl HB User

NEWLEAF- I am having a lumbar decompression fusion L5-S1.
Injured Betty-- Thanks, that is what I thought I would have to do...I think I will do that. I think I'll start now, that way if they do......ok it then I won't have as much back tracking to do.
Thanks! 6 more days!!!

Closed Thread