It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2005, 12:59 PM   #1
(female)

MomInMass HB User
Memory Foam Bed

Does anyone have, or heard of, ComfortDirect memory foam beds? I was all set to go and buy a Tempur-Pedic but wanted to do some research first. The ComfortDirect name came up first in a search. After going through the website I don't really know what to think.

I had L4/L5-S1 surgery in May and felt instant relief upon waking up from surgery. I went home the same day. Went back in 4 weeks later for emergency spinal surgery. Seems a bone spur created a hole in the spinal column and I was losing spinal fluid to the point I almost died!

I have osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disease and sleep with a pillow between my legs but that doesn't seem to help anymore.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:14 PM   #2
(female)

cincosunflower HB User
Re: Memory Foam Bed

Don't know about ComfortMemory but I recenty bought Serta's version of Tempurpedic and have never slept so well - I am recovering from spinal microdisectomy surgery and the bed is great - relieves any pressure points from my stiches etc.
I highly recommend it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

I have the tempur-pedic and just love it. Lots of folks swear by the sleep number bed, too. Decisions, decisions.....and those things are pricey, too.

Carol
morphine pump

Old 02-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #4
(female)

MomInMass HB User

I am leaning away from the Temper-Pedic after looking at the comparisons between that and the ComfortDirect. You should really check out the website for comfortdirect to see for yourself. I just don't want to spend that amount of money for something that is going to last a couple of years. Any one else have any thoughts on this subject? I do like the idea of the air baffles with the memory foam pad over them that comfortdirect has versus just the large pad temper-pedic has.

Old 02-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #5
(female)

Love2cook HB User

I love my Simmons. We got it about 3 months after my ALIF L4-L5 w/cages. It has some dips in it; the manufacturer calls them "body impressions". They bothered me for a while but I got used to them and now I am sleeping great. Highly recommend it!

Simmons Wilmington

God bless,
ElaineJ

Old 02-10-2005, 08:33 PM   #6
(female)

Janice1033 HB User

Hi: I havent been around for awhile but I have a memory foam on my bed and I just love it I thought it would be hot or get hard but it hasnt and I sleep just great. I have tried the pillows but did not think to much of these.

I am on Gababentin and Bextra and have not felt so good in years. I have no discs left in L4 and L5 with bone spurs and buldging disc so thought that I would never feel right again. I am not saying that I dont have bad days but they are few and far between now.

Just wanted to let you know that things can get better whether with surgery or drugs or what ever works for you it can inprove, and you can get your life back to some degree.

Take care everyone I will try to get back here more often.

Ladybiker

Old 02-11-2005, 05:17 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User

I have gone with a memory foam mattress and love it. Of course I still have pain but nights are better and I can sleep better then I did with lower levels of nigh pain. We had a waterbed so we couldn't go with a MF pad that I have hheard works well. We went with a 12in. relacement mat. it has a lifetime warranty and aas I said I love it. The thing about pads is they are not going to last as long as the the thicker mat. I did alot of research before making the purchase.
Good Luck because a good mat. does make a big dif.
Linda

Old 02-11-2005, 08:29 PM   #8
(male)

miatajock HB User

After MUCH research of memory foam and air mattresses, I purchased a Novaform Elite 12" MF mattress in December. A fraction of the expense of others, and it works! Has NOT eliminated LBP and sciatica, but the lack of pressure points has eliminated the constant tossing and turning. Best sleep I have had in years. After spending many nights on the floor, I was concerned that memory foam would be too soft for me, especially the 5.5# rated foam. I chose the 4# foam for the comfort AND support.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:40 AM   #9
(male)

jcshan HB User

I bought a memory foam mattress pad 3",5 lb density & it seems to work great. Got it from a company on ebay for $200, that includes shipping. I'm like all of you, I did a lot of research on the web about mattresses, pads etc. I've only had it about 2 weeks but I really like it. I wanted to see how I liked the memory foam before I put out all the bucks for a mattress. I may just stay with the pad.
jcshan

Old 02-14-2005, 12:45 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Terri43 HB User

I bought a memory foam mattress topper and it was the best 120.00 I have ever spent. I wish I could afford to but the mattress but the topper makes a world of difference

Closed Thread