It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2005, 02:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

zoey1 HB User
Road Reminder;

For those that take narcotics, and other strong meds; remember to be kind to your fellow drivers, take a cab, ask a friend for a lift, carpool, find a local chuch that would help you run errands . If there is no public transportation near u move to or near a bus line............

There are some docs that strongly recomend no driving for 6 - 8 weeks after surgery, and those that are on pain meds because of problems lasting much much longer, do the rest of the folks around you and not get behind the wheel.........

We saw some cases in Houston recently, one about a teenager with eplisy driving, caused serious accident after having a seizure behind the wheel,
also a women went uncouncious, recently caused a 3 car pile up and deaths.

It gets old when u have to stay inside rest be careful, but there is a very good reason why they give driving limiations. Not just if we can but our reactions around other folks stupidity as well.

My driving is seriously limited to my subdivision, church, and my docs office.
In no way shape or form would i get behind the wheel if i had taken medicine, and or if hands so bad i cannot grasp the steering wheel.

Please keep this in mind every time you get behind the wheel. Would muscle spams & pain gasps alter your response in driving, if so wait and learn to ask for help and assign errands..............

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread