It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2005, 05:53 PM   #1
(female)

purplehazed HB User
Lightbulb Upper, left back to numb in front

Hi All, Newbie here. I've been dealing with a pain in the upper left side of my back, about bottom of the shoulder blade level that goes around my side and under my rib cage all the way to the middle of my chest. I am completely numb where the pain is on the front part of my body, just aches like crazy in my back area. Came as a sucker punch, can't pinpoint any particular reason for it other than I garden a lot and am continually moving rocks around making flower beds, etc. I've had x-rays and CT scan with nothing significant there, scheduled for an MRI on the 19th. I'm about 25 pounds overweight (working on it!) with a generous amount of that carried in my chest. I sleep on my left side. If any of you have similar symptoms, do you also sleep on your affected side and are you female? I slept on my side most of last night and woke up this morning hurting pretty badly, whereas the night before I slept on my back and felt better in the morning. All thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-15-2005, 08:42 PM   #2
(female)

Tirzah HB User
Re: Upper, left back to numb in front

I'm a newbie here too and I'm in the process of trying to figure alot of this back pain stuff out. I was in a truck accident and I have compression fractures of my t5, t6 and t9. My t9 is also cracked. All of the fractures are in the front . I have alot of the same complaints that you have mentioned. I am in a brace so the only position that I can sleep in is on my back. Even if I didn't have a brace on I can imagine being comfortable lying on my side.
Let us know how your mri comes out.
Tirzah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread