It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2005, 01:26 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Haw'nCarl HB User
Post To new Friends and Old...Aloha!

Aloha All,

I don’t know if there is anyone here who will remember me, I don’t see any names that I recognize off the bat here on the first page, but I just wanted to stop by and say hi. HI!

OK see ya. Just kidding, I just wanted to let you all know that I think about coming here all the time, I really miss you all, but it’s been near impossible to do so as of late. My world has been eat, sleep, and study for the last couple of months. After 30 something years of being away from school, it has been difficult at best to get back into the swing of things. With pain still being an issue, along with my Neurontin and Vicodin, my concentration and short term memory are all but shot. Yes I’m still taking these stupid meds. I imagine that the Neurontin will more than likely be a lifetime affair, and I’ve tried to wean myself off of the Vicodin, but to no avail; I’d rather take the meds than deal with the pain. I am sitting a lot and this sometimes becomes very difficult unless I take the meds, so meds it is.

Man, there always seems to be a fresh stream of new pain fellows in this forum, may God Bless you all, you have come to the right place. I would have been lost with out this hamlet, especially in the early days; I found and reaped countless benefits and kept my sanity with a place to recite all of my quirky little rants and vents. There were some pretty heated exchanges, but that is what makes this place so special, and interesting. There are some wonderful people here that have helped me get through one of the toughest chapters of my life, as far as that goes, I am still basically in the same chapter, it hasn’t really been that long, but I am very glad that I found this site when I did, it truly did make an extraordinarily difficult state of affairs bearable.

I wish that I had more time to spend here and fire off some exchanges, but the next 3 or 4 years are going to be very trying and will be the foundation for the rest of my life, so my presence here will be minimal, but I am planning on popping in from time to time to stir the waters. I wish everyone well and may you all find that magic potion that makes life bearable once again, it will get better, at least that’s what I tell myself every single night before I go to bed. It will get better…it will get better…it will get better…g’nite!

H’C

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2005, 01:58 AM   #2

beebauser HB User
Re: To new Friends and Old...Aloha!

HC,
yes I remember you. some of us old timers just sit in the wings and read. seems sometimes reading too many of these stories gets depressing, so I need to take a break now and again.
glad to hear you are pushing through the pain. you are one tough cookie, it certainly is not easy.
best of luck to you
bee

Old 02-12-2005, 03:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rhonni HB User

Carrrrrrrrrl

I knew you'd pop your head back in! Us Sr Members have been wondering about you!

Wish you were doing better pain/med-wise but it sounds like you're doing well in the motivation department - back to school! WOW. I sure couldn't do it.

I agree with the support comment...don't know where I'd be without some of the answers and advice I got here...but, as well, I agree with Bee...sometimes it can get a bit depressing reading about everyone else's misfortune I know that's why we come here.. to get answers... but once we start feeling better, I feel, for me personally, that I need to surround myself by good thoughts and move forward.

I was sure you were basking on the beaches there. Try to find some time for fun a midst all your business. Some of us have to live vicariously through you Hawaiians.

Thanks for saying hi.
Hunni

Old 02-12-2005, 01:04 PM   #4
(female)

memawhurts HB User

Carl,
It's so very good to hear from you and know that you are at least doing OK and trying to move on. Please do stop in from time to time to let us know how you are doing. I started a thread a few weeks back, searching for you, hoping you were still lurking every now and then. But when weeks went by with no reply, I just assumed you had just moved on to a happier life. It sounds as if you have, but don't forget your friends here who worry about you.

And to all those who are doing better, please don't forget that those of us that are not, still need some encouragement and positive thoughts from time to time. I haven't been on for a little while myself. Not because I'm doing better, but just the opposite. Since starting physical therapy everything seems to have fallen all to he**. I don't blame the PT because they are great and I really enjoy going there, and I do everything they ask me to, but I do blame it on the surgery. I just truly believe in my heart that something is not right.

Anyway, sorry to get off track here, but even when I'm not posting, I still try to read and keep up with everyone. And when I saw that you had posted Carl, I just had to give you a cyber hug and send you all my best wishes.

Take care and keep in touch when you can.
Memaw

Old 02-12-2005, 04:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

what can I say that hasn't been said? Not very witty today I am afraid, and this will be a bore of a reply so I apologize. Missed ya though and hope things go well for you. Please do stop in when you can.

Old 02-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #6
(female)

memawhurts HB User

Mel?
Are you OK? I know you have a lot of things going on right now and I hope things are working out for you. You know you have us here to vent to if you need it. I've been worried about you too.
Memaw

Old 02-13-2005, 05:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jessie1 HB User

Hi Carl! We were all wondering about you. I'm glad things seem to be going well for you, and I hope you can kick this pain you're having. Lots of luck with everything you're doing!

Jessie

Old 02-13-2005, 06:10 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

mlachowicz HB User

Carl
We were wondering about you! Sorry to hear that you still have pain---
keep us posted!
~M~

Old 02-15-2005, 07:08 AM   #9

TAZMZN HB User

Hey Carl,

Just wanted to say hello!

Glad to hear from you...

My chapter has closed, I am feeling great and back to work! I would do it again if I needed to! Your right about this place, it made my surgery go easier! I would tell everone with back pain to come here!

Keep in touch! STUDY, STUDY, STUDY!!!

I hope you kick the pain!

Take care,

TAZ

PS: Hello to all my other board friends!

Old 02-15-2005, 09:11 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

mlachowicz HB User

Hey Taz!
Glad to hear you are feeling better!
~M~

Old 02-17-2005, 01:16 PM   #11
Veteran

AlSmith HB User

Carl, I am glad to know you are moving forward with life. Hopefully your classes go well. You are so well thought of around here, we like to hear from you now and then just to know you are out there. Good luck in school!

Alan

Old 02-20-2005, 08:20 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

Haw'nCarl HB User

Aloha All,

Thanks for all of the kind posts, Hunni, no basking on the beaches here, although I did leave some footprints on the North Shore a few days ago, that was a nice diversion, the waves were crankin too.

Memaw, I am sorry I didn’t catch your thread, I only went back a couple of pages when I came back, your thoughtfulness for doing that tugs at my heart, thank you.

Mel…I hope you are doing better. I am not accepting your apology for a bore of a reply, mainly because there is no such thing as a bore of a reply, any reply, whether it be a simple one word Hi! Or a four page rant, there is no need for any apology, I mean this in the nicest most heartfelt way, you have lifted my spirits more than I can count and I hope I can return that levity in one way or another.

Jessie and ~M! Thank You for the thoughtful wishes, they are greatly appreciated.

Hey Taz, it’s magnificent to hear of your success, I am sure that anyone who has read your entry will undoubtedly have a little more confidence and direction to reach that light at the end of the tunnel. And thanks for the advice…just what I needed, someone else telling me to study. Aloha Mate!

And, Thank you Alan for the kind words and well wishes.

I think I may try and get into a couple more threads here; I need a break from the textbooks. Thanks again for being here. Until next time, Aloha!

H’C

Old 02-21-2005, 09:46 AM   #13
(female)

memawhurts HB User

Carl,
No thanks are necessary. We were all just missing your knowledge and spirit. You are always uplifting and have the best sense of humor. When I first started reading these threads, that's what kept me coming back was your posts.

Just keep in touch and throw us a story every now and then, lol.
Best Wishes,
Memaw

Closed Thread