It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2005, 02:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User
Question Is this normal????

Has anyone tried to stand with or without a walker, cane ect.
I get a feeling and can actually feel ,what seems to be muscle's moving around. It is somewhat painful, but mostly annoying and swells out against my brace, forcing me to loosen it up.
I held one hand inside my brave and sure enough, I can feel it moving around, bit it feels more like a muscle tightning around the surgery site.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
StarDust

Old 02-12-2005, 04:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: Is this normal????

I was standing w/o any help on day six and what you are describing does sound like the muscles are just tightening up. You are using them more when you don't have support and they may spasm a bit too. I dont' really know for sure. I also don't know what you mean about it moving around. Hope it gets better though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

[B]I am not sure either. But It doesn't feel like any muscle spasm I have had before. More like choking something. I can see and feel it ( a golf ball size knot), But it comes and goes. yet everytime I stand up, it does it again!!
I do take 10 mg of Flexeral 3 X a day.
I know he will tell me everything is fine when I see him. And I am also beginning PT next week as well.
[COLOR=Red]OUCH!!![/COLOR] I just began getting painful muscle spasms in the lower front abdomen
[COLOR=Red]OW,OW,OW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR]
Gotta go!!
Stardust[/B]

Old 02-12-2005, 06:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

gosh, a KNOT? well, then I have no idea. I'd be calling too! I hope all is well but I know how you feel. When do you see him????? Best wishes to you and your back!

Old 02-13-2005, 05:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jessie1 HB User

I never had any visible knots, but I know that if I did too much (actually it still happens, just not as much) I got muscle spasms and little knots in the muscles because of them. I also had little knotty things under the incision (it actually felt lumpy sometimes, but my doctor told me it was healing tissue. Hope you're feeling better every day!

Jessie

Old 02-13-2005, 07:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

I see him Thursday Morning. Since I sleep in the 2nd bedroom, and was told not to sleep in the brace, I have been sleeping in my abdominal brace for some support. This morning Hubby said he checked in on me, he said I was sleeping all curled up in a little ball like I did before the surgery. I think that might be part of the problem, I will also tell the Doc about it and hopefully I am not hurting myself. I have 2 Nurses come everyday, 6 days a week and help me with my shower and getting dressed, checking all the vital signs, medicine ect So I will tell the nurses about it in the morning as well.
Stardust

Closed Thread