I hate saying that, but how else do you????
My neck pain has returned as we know, and I am again having some pain in my left arm, though seems more in the shoulder than down the arm. I have stated that we have COBRA now and that I will be moving to MO and will need to find a new dr. What I wonder is this:
Should I request before I go a new MRI? I had a transverse epideral inj. in Oct (I think...) and the pain went away. It was gone until late Dec early Jan. I don't have any films as they were turned back into the MRI facility after my fusion and I don't need the lumbar films any longer. But, should I get a new MRI to see how things are and compare it to the report I do still have? I want to know if there have been any good or bad changes but don't know how that works with COBRA. We won't get our cards for a while, but I was told if we accept it that it is instant and we just continue to bill our insurance company. What would you do? - Should I ask my current dr to get a new MRI or not?(I can also get the films I think of the previous ones to have physical films to compare.)
As a fellow lumbar/cervical in misery person LOL I say YES try to get what you can while you have COBRA, you can also have the hospital print off a copy of the first ones, just tell them that you are moving out of state and are getting another MRI and will need the old ones for comparison. There should not be a problem with that at all. See if your neuro will order it for you now while you are covered. I have had COBRA before, just keep it until you get insured through a new job or through your hubby getting a new job that way you will never be called pre-existing because you will not lapse in your coverage. Hope this helps. Good luck
thank you -how does cobra work? We don't have prescription coverage, do we get that later with COBRA? (not that it cost but four dollars more without it-how odd!). I mean, we haven't paid yet, and haven't gotten cards so do we have to pay out of pocket first then get reimbursed? This sucks and is confusing. I will ask for a new MRI then take the films to MO. Now I gotta get the new dr!
I had a copy of my MRI, but after my surgery they sent it back to the radiology center. I also already have the report, just not the films. I know they archive them on the computer-I will probably just call and have them print new ones for me for me to keep. I only will need the cervical ones. I also have decided to ask my current dr for a comparision MRI as well.
oh, I already had the emg, I guess I'd probably need a new one to see if the pinched nerve is gone, but I would think if the bulge is gone on the MRI that the nerve would no longer be pinched. I don't know though, good question for my dr as well.
Did you call your doc about the MRI? You will get a bill for the COBRA and it basically works just like you have been doing, just do not let it lapse, especially with the cervical issue. So make sure you call the insurance company and find out how much is due and when because a 24 hr lapse can put you in a bad place. I did call my docs office today. I am still waiting on the approval for the neurostim, but I asked the PA what can we do about my neck, it is hurting so bad! I asked her if I was on the "Go away you chronic patient list" yet LOL Anyway, new MRI friday and will see my doc following it, like you my last one was a year ago and things FEEL much worse. So I hope to get some answers soon. Good luck to you too
we paid our COBRA yesterday and it is not due for a few weeks, so we are okay then, right? And if I get a new MRI I just go ahead and have them bill my insurance like normal? I have to get an xray too and I don't know if I have to pay out of pocket or not.