It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2005, 01:00 PM   #1
(male)

tracer HB User
HI guys post op update

well its been 5 wks since my L5,S1 lam, des i have finished my pt and have only one problem now althouhg it my be a bad one my back still has a faint nagging pain amd my right leg feels tired with a faint nagging pain this i can handle but when i walk the legg pain becomes bad and radiates up inti my back and it dont take much walking before im limping and hunting a place to sit down i tried to blow it off as somthing that would pass but.....it has not i called the doc and got my appt moved up and will explain this all to him i hope its normal but i dont think it is,i dont understand why my leg pain was gone then come back but not as bad before surgery,but when i walk the leg and back pain is as bad if not worse than before surgery,AGHHH i need so badly to go back to work,i was going to tell the doc that i was all good but my wife caught me, she wanted to go to the mall and i agreed and trieing to walk in the mall she noticed the problems i was haveing and said i cant ignore it,and she is correct i know im just so bored and tired of hangging out at the house.good luck and best wishes to u all:

tracer.

Old 02-13-2005, 04:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: HI guys post op update

could it be a really tight muscle? I know when I woke up from surgery and for two weeks I had some major left leg problems. Pain and I couldn't bear weight all the way. After walking as much as I could handle and doing some light slow stretching in bed it went away. Two months later that leg is still extremely tight as compared to the right (I walked on TM today and did a little stretching). I haven't done pt yet. I hope it gets better. Have you discussed this with your doctor? How about your PT? you could always ask for a new PT script to work on strengthening and stretching of that leg. Best wishes to you and hope it gets better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2005, 04:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User
Re: HI guys post op update

Tracer, don't ignore it and don't let your doctor ignore it either. If he brushes you off, insist that he investigate. It could be some bursitis in there or any number of things including scar tissue.

Let us know what you find out.

Carol
morphine pump

Closed Thread