It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
(female)

Tirzah HB User
Question compression fractures

Hello,
I'm new to the board and would love to get some insight to what I have to look forward to.
In Dec. my husband and I were truck drivers and we hit black ice. I was in the sleeper when it happened. The truck tipped over and I ended up scrunched. I have 3 compression fractures, t5,t6 and t9. The t9 fracture also has a crack but my spinal cord looks unharmed. They have me in a brace and I do physical therepy. I see the doctor again in March. He said that we would look at my progress then and see if surgery is needed.

I get real frustrated with not being able to do much without feeling alot of pain. I also have troble with shortness of breath. I would love to be able to take a real deep breath but I know that if I do it's going to hurt like crazy. My rib cage still feels real heavy. It seems to get worse as the day goes on.

If anyone can give me any advice on this I would sure appreciate it. Does anyone know if multible compression fractures can heal without surgery?
I wish I could sit here longer but my back is screaming at me.
Thanks,
Tirzah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread