It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 03:35 PM   #1
(female)

rowboat HB User
I'm ready to give up!

Ok, so I've done everything every doctor has asked me to. My pain is with me every moment of every day. After failing at aqua therapy, I went back to the neurosurgeon today. He says he doesn't think anything he can do surgically will relieve my pain. But he doesn't offer me any other options. We know I have a disc that bulged out last year and then disintegrated, but he can't help me with that. So what now? He's referred me to another surgeon that I see in another 3 weeks!

I am getting so depressed by all this. I've been dealing with this for 2 years. I'm no good to my husband or my 3 beautiful girls like this.

It got to me so bad today, that I walked out of the hospital after waiting 1/2 an hour for my x-ray. I told them I was tired of waiting, and I left. (actually, that felt pretty good) Don't know what my doctor will say when he sends down for the x-ray, but frankly, I don't really care.

Thanks for giving me a place to vent. I'm just so tired of all of this. I can't live my life on pain killers.

Becky

Old 02-15-2005, 03:56 PM   #2
(male)

tracer HB User
Re: I'm ready to give up!

ughh i think the same way i just want my life back but i dont give up and quit i wish i could just go back to work as bad as i hated work it would be so much better than sitting and waiting for relief that seems to never come sitting bored and in pain =getting depresed and that just adds to the problem and frustration i am going to do all i can to get my doc to release me i think i will do better working in pain than sitting and waiting in pain,dont give up just dont stop wat u normaly do although its hard i think that normal activeity is a must and i hope i can get my doc to understand just dont quit maybe give up on the waiting but dont giv up on the hope that things will get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 04:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I felt just that way after being told by the first dr he couldn't help me. I didn't give up and you shouldn't either. Go see the new one and you may be pleasantly suprised. Or in the meantime see if you can find a new dr on your own. Like tracer said, don't give up. Best wishes to you and hope you have better news down the road.

Old 02-15-2005, 05:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jessie1 HB User

Don't give up! At first, my surgeon told me there wasn't much he could do based on the MRI results. But he also believed there was some unseen cause of my pain, and kept trying to figure it out. He worked with me, as well as several of his associates (it's one of the biggest orthopedic practices in Michigan). I finally had a discogram done, and that showed how badly my discs were damaged. It was after that that my surgeon said he knew he could help me, and I had my fusion done 6 weeks ago. I felt like giving up many times, but I'm only 24 years old and I wanted my life back. It was a frustrating year for me (yes it took almost a year after I reinjured my back), but it was worth everything I went through. Keep trying- there is a solution out there for you, even though it may not appear right away. Try to keep a positive attitude- that is SO important! Best wishes to you, and please let us know how you are doing.

Old 02-15-2005, 09:21 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User

i'm coming up on my 5th anniversary, so i can certainly relate!!!

not to repeat what everyone else is saying, but don't give up!

i had to get bitchy with some to ensure i got the treatment i needed...make then do their job!

good luck, and keep plugging away...
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11
Anterior Fusion (BMP) L3-S1 '13

Closed Thread