It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 03:44 PM   #1
(male)

tracer HB User
Angry reinjury or they miss somthing !!!!!!!!!!!

i went back to doc today and explained my pain in my back and leg after the surgery he said well we need to do another mri and check if we missed somthing or if u have reruptured and while he is saying this i thinking, dude there is no way ur gonna tell me u need to do suregery again this aint a game u dont get a do-over errrrrrrrrrr miss somthing????????how the .... do u miss somthing with that big axx hole u cut in my back so u could see and i have not did nothing to rerupture my disc!!!!this bites a cow biscuit im not getting open up no more for this but anyway thats what the doc is saying and what im thinking now im waiting for appt to get mri.best to u all tracer.

Old 02-15-2005, 04:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: reinjury or they miss somthing !!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to hear they might have "missed something". I understand your frustrations! I don't know how I'd feel in your shoes-actually I do-I would want to know if they missed something and if I needed surgery again I'd let them if they thought it would help. But, that is me, remember, I asked for my fusion. As always, a last resort of course, but maybe there is a treatment that could help. I wish you all the best-let us know okay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 04:35 PM   #3
(female)

Valley HB User
Exclamation Re: reinjury or they miss somthing !!!!!!!!!!!

I think I would be for finding another doctor after comments like that. Best of luck.

Old 02-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jessie1 HB User

If I were you I would think about getting a second/third opinion. In any case, it can't hurt even if you decide to stay with your original doctor. It's very possible you could have reherniated, even though you haven't done anything to do so. After surgery your spine is weaker, especially in the area you had the surgery done. It doesn't take much to reherniate- even a sneeze can do it. If I remember correctly, one member of the board reherniated just lying in her hospital bed. It's also possible you're dealing with some inflammation or scar tissue. Your best bet is to go get that MRI to see what's going on. Please let us know how you're doing!

Old 02-15-2005, 05:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rhonni HB User

We tend to forget that doctors ARE human. Maybe he did miss something. Maybe it's another area causing trouble already.

I think the MRI is definitely a next step. If it were me, I'd see it through, then see what his explanation is. If it seems like neglegence on the part of the doctor, I and my MRI would go to a new doctor (after I had a visit with my attorney). The problem is then, good luck finding someone.

Closed Thread