It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
(male)

rachelmc HB User
Why do they make me feel like i have done something wrong????

hi all,
Really mad here, same ole same ole crap dealing with the insurence company.......... Waiting weeks to be paid was told friday cheuque had been sent.........not recieved rang to enquire have the rudest case manager who says she told me friday it had been put in the system not sent out My back is @$#$ not my hearing or mind (debatable ).
It seems everytime i contact them its like i have done something wrong and have no right asking for what i ask for .................Which isnt a lot Like everyone needs money to feed thier kids (dont they??????????? or am i unreasonable????????????) .
Sorry about this it just seems everyday something else goes wrong ...
Will i have one day where things are right???????//
I know everyone here is having a hard time and i dont really expect any replies i think im just letting off steam.
thanks rachelmc

Old 03-08-2005, 11:15 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mkf HB User
Re: Why do they make me feel like i have done something wrong????

you're right, everyone needs to vent. and when you're in pain and feeling put upon by the insurance company, it makes it all even worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 03:56 AM   #3
(male)

avglenn HB User

I've been through many hassles myself. Best advice , but not 100% cure all, is getting an attorney.

Old 03-09-2005, 04:36 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

I know this is out dated But. Im goin through the same crap with my comp. I smashed my L5 and L4 at work in 2003. Now I have screws and stuff in my back, Im always having pain, This is almost a year later. Comp people dont bother me any more . But yeah get a lawyer, Here in Pennsylvania attorney can only charge you 20% And they usually dont charge unless they go to court to save your comp, Or in a settlement. I will never settle its not worth it. Good luck and I hope I helped some one out. If you need any more Questions E-mail me. Be glad to help

[ [b] please carefully review the posting rules - no emails [/b] ]

Last edited by moderator2; 03-09-2005 at 06:33 AM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - no emails

Old 03-09-2005, 05:04 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Pebble Beach HB User

Hi Rachel:
I certainly understand your frustration. Yes it seems at times like nothing goes your way and you think why is this happening to me. I worked in the insurance business for many years handling claims. I handled a variety of claims, mainly injury claims from automobile accident and liability type of claims. What I am about to say is not meant to underestimate your frustration. From the standpoint of the insurance company, we are also under a great deal of pressure as well and overwhelmed at times. We handle 20 million things at a given moment and feel frustrated too trying to help someone. Again you certainly may be justified in feeling overwhelmed and Im not saying you shouldn't. If they say they were cutting the check on Friday, then it may mean it was entered into the computer system on Friday. Then its a matter of printing the check out, getting it to the mail and then the process of the mail system. So this may take a few days by the time you put it all together for you to receive it. I know it is time consuming and frustrating for you. You are the one suffering. I just hope you understand the other side, since I have worked the other side too. Not all insurance people are bad and a lot of us really trying to do what we can to expedite things for you. The sooner we get something done means we can move onto the next claim. Does this make sense? I hope it does.
Allan

Old 03-09-2005, 04:41 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User

I tend to throw it back in their court...I demand they do what I ask if they give me crap. Being a B%$#& can come in handy! Good luck sweetie!
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11
Anterior Fusion (BMP) L3-S1 '13

Old 03-12-2005, 04:17 PM   #7
(male)

rachelmc HB User

hi all how many days later still no money................. I cant deal with it anymore, I have now told my husband that he has to deal with them, He rang them on friday and it STILL hasnt been sent out..
It feels like im losing control of all aspects of my life...... Body, House, Kids and now falling deeper and deper into debt.. Did i mention losing my mind .
My kids bless them are trying thier hardest to be GOOD so as to not upset mummy and that is heart breaking they should be able to be kids ....Hubby has become Sadie he comes home from work then takes over the house (I knew there was a reason i grabbed him and lathched on when we were only 15)
But there has to come to oint when he gets sick of all this : A wife who cries constantly, a wife who cant keep the house clean or look after her kids properly , A wife who cant enjoy Sex without having a graet deal of pain , (sorry but it has to be said ).
Sorry once again rambled on...... I wish i had someone who i could say all this to face to face..
rachelmc

Old 03-14-2005, 09:40 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User

oh, honey, i think we all know how you feel! (re: all of that)

come here to vent to us...that's what i do to keep my hubby from hearing it too often. although that may take up too much time to do that, huh??? we'd be online all day & night...

my riding accident was 5 years ago this may, and i will be married 5 years this april. so i certainly can understand that you feel as if you're a married "burden" rather than partner! especially since my hubby's never had worse pain than heel spurs, he really doesn't get it!

last summer i had that idet done...although it's controversial and was out-of-pocket (help from mom...ouch!), i haven't had the disc pain since (even if it only lasts 3-4 years, at least i gave it a shot). i went from 85 to 35-45 (depending on sciatica & si joint pain). that's pretty good since i'm 36!

so, hopefully you find the right solution, and can start getting you life back! and we'll always be here for you!
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11

Old 03-14-2005, 09:56 AM   #9
(female)

Gibsgirl32 HB User

Hi. Can't say I blame you for feeling the way you do. Workman's comp. carriers are jerks!
I have had to take them to court too! Don't ever settle! Stick to your guns and make them pay! It'll all work out. If they keep giving you c**p, get an attorney, then they'll get it together.
Gibsgirl

Old 03-14-2005, 11:34 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User

You go, Gibsgirl!!!

I'm in a different legal battle of my own...I'm suing for neglegence, so am dealing with a different sort of jerk! I'm having to jump thru every possible hoop in discovery, b/c the defense attys are inundating me w/papers! My atty's helping, at least.

I've decided that my dad's stubbornness is finally going to pay off. The more they screw with me, the more I dig in. I've already decided to be willing to go to court and be ready for it.

Like I told a friend earlier this week: "Not a good idea to yank the chain of a pitbull." WOOF!
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11

Old 03-14-2005, 11:46 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

Rachel, I hope you are keeping maticulous notes of your calls to the insurance company calls. You might wish to try writing one letter and list the dates, times and who you spoke with on which subject. Have done that with accident insurance and it is amazing that when they are faced with something in writing that shows they've been contacted time and time again and that you have the names and details of what that individuals told you, they know someone is ready to get legal involved. Which, if you are keeping that information, you are building exactly the information that an attorney would need.

No, I'm not one who likes to sue but if pushed enough I will do what is needed. Details and records are a carry over from my work days, so when I'm on the phone regarding insurance, doctor bill, or any problem, I'm typing a note in WordPerfect with that info. If I wait til later I would leave something out or get a name wrong. Those who do us wrong aren't maintaining a lot of info, but enough that they can usually bluff and deny if someone doesn't have records. No records mean one persons word against anothers, but if one keeps details, it becomes a stronger case for your side.

I do hope the insurance people will get their act together soon, but until then, vent away.

Old 03-14-2005, 11:28 PM   #12
(male)

rachelmc HB User

hi all,
means so much to come here and read replies.................still no money if none turns up tommorrow hubby WILL BE CALLING BACK.........
thanks heaps rachel

Old 03-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #13
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[QUOTE=Pebble Beach]Hi Rachel:
I certainly understand your frustration. Yes it seems at times like nothing goes your way and you think why is this happening to me. I worked in the insurance business for many years handling claims. I handled a variety of claims, mainly injury claims from automobile accident and liability type of claims. What I am about to say is not meant to underestimate your frustration. From the standpoint of the insurance company, we are also under a great deal of pressure as well and overwhelmed at times. We handle 20 million things at a given moment and feel frustrated too trying to help someone. Again you certainly may be justified in feeling overwhelmed and Im not saying you shouldn't. If they say they were cutting the check on Friday, then it may mean it was entered into the computer system on Friday. Then its a matter of printing the check out, getting it to the mail and then the process of the mail system. So this may take a few days by the time you put it all together for you to receive it. I know it is time consuming and frustrating for you. You are the one suffering. I just hope you understand the other side, since I have worked the other side too. Not all insurance people are bad and a lot of us really trying to do what we can to expedite things for you. The sooner we get something done means we can move onto the next claim. Does this make sense? I hope it does.
Allan[/QUOTE]I hope you are payed well. Do you honestly think anyone who is or was on comp believe you ? Do you get your paychecks on time ? For the last 2 christmas's My check was a week late. I do not here from the insurance carrier, Nor do they return my phone calls. They refused to answer me when I needed to know if they would pay for my operation . The hospital is the one who told me they ok it. They are payed to do a job, Not worry about us injured people using there money. Dont take this to heart, Just think of the injured person a little more,

Closed Thread