It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 11:42 AM   #1
(male)

thekeith HB User
anyone try acupuncture?

have being a double endoscopic discectomy guy, that failed..
A shot on embrel, that failed

My friends that dont know the half of what I am going thru, always naively say "you tried acupuncture?, rakki massage?"
of course I am like many of you when they say this, I politely try not to roll my eyes and laugh at them openly and just "know better"

well....

has anyone tried anything like this at least for temp relief?

As we all talk about everyday, know one "knows" anything do they?
The doctors dont help and we are forced to look to the internet for answers

so yeah....anyone has any relief with the above mentioned things?

thanks

Old 03-09-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User
Re: anyone try acupuncture?

Hi there,
Yes, accupuncture is quite effective. I have spondylolosthesis, lumbar lordosis, sciatica and a fracture at L5-S1. I started physio with accupuncture a couple months ago and have recently started feel a bit of relief. Along with the physio and accpuncture I do weight stregthening, excersices and treadmilling. I think all of the above is what is helping. I am hopeful that with another few months of this I may be able to walk away from this without having to have surgery. Day by Day is how it goes. I woudl strongly suggest that you talk to your doc and get a refferal to a good physiotherapist. Be sure to incorporate as much of the above as you can. And do not give up, I did once because the pain at first was too much but if you stick with it than you should get over that hump. Take care and good luck. KRisty.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 03:09 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Pebble Beach HB User

I tried accupunture several years ago. I had several problems at the time. I had spine problems but also had brachial plexus which caused some atrophy in the right hand. The biggest thing that it did for me was help the right hand. I noticed that it was not deteriorating and actually was improving. But when I stop the accupunture the atrophy in the hand returned. Not sure what would happen if I attempted it again but may be worth while. To my knowledge a lot of insurance carriers do not cover accupunture. But its worth looking into. Hope you have a pain free day. Allan

Old 03-09-2005, 05:19 PM   #4
(female)

Ander HB User

I tried acupuncture for neck pain before I had the fusions. It actually helped allot with the pain. The Dr that did the acpuncture told me that he could not cure me but that the treatment would make me more comfortable. I would go back now for treatment but my insurance no longer covers it and it's too exxpensive to do on my own.

Closed Thread