It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2005, 11:29 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User
Fusing ALREADY!!

Hey all ,
I just returned from my surgeons office today, I went in 3 weeks early due to severe pain in my left leg and I could not walk at all.
He did a lot of tests and the Fusion is almost 1/2 way Fused and the pain in my leg was from Bursitis in my hip, so he gave me an injection and now I am pain free completely.
I was so scared it had something to do with the surgery, Thank God it didn't.
I am just 5 weeks post-op as of yesterday, WOW
Stardust

Old 03-10-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
(female)

Valley HB User
Talking Re: Fusing ALREADY!!

That's great Stardust!! Keep getting better, Valley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Re: Fusing ALREADY!!

That is fabulous news!

Thank goodness ~ you must have been scared to death, I woulda been.

Hope you continue to fuse and feel better

BW
Pseudoarthrosis
awaiting fusion redo

Old 03-10-2005, 12:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

Hi ,
When I first came home from the Hospital I began taking Calcium supplements, Drinking Milk (never did before) and eating lots of yogert which I love. And by seeing the Xrays today, it is really paying off.
He also told me I didn't need the Brace or walker anymore and to pitch them YIPPEE!!!!
Stardust

Old 03-10-2005, 01:53 PM   #5
(male)

jpecot HB User

Congrats Stardust !!!

I'm so glad to hear your doing well and fusing already. It's a great feeling isn't it I'm jealous that you got to get rid of the brace, I was only allowed to sleep without it. Still have to wear it during the day

Oh Well.....I'm just so happy to hear things are going well

~Jim

Old 03-10-2005, 02:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

I'll pray ya all get the same great news and we can all have a Brace burning party *K*!

I never thought anything could get on my nerves like my oldest daughter (ya know the kind= She knows everything, REALLY , Just ask her. (she's 27). But the Brace beat her by a mile, she doesn't seem so bad now
Stardust

Old 03-10-2005, 03:49 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

WOW that is awesome. I am so happy for you
keep up the great work and keep us updated on your great progress.
shelley

Old 03-10-2005, 05:47 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jessie1 HB User

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you! It's a terrific feeling, isn't it? I have to agree with jpecot though, I'm jealous you got to get rid of the brace! I still have to wear mine for another 3 weeks (for a total of 12 weeks), but at least now it's only when I go out of the house. Believe me, I'm counting the days till I can get rid of it! I hope your recovery continues to go well! Keep us posted!

Old 03-10-2005, 09:10 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

Yea, it really does feel great

The Doc said the brace was keeping me too bound up and the muscles couldn't be worked and needed to be strengthend. Being 5 weeks out of surgery and adding to my diet= yogerts and calcium supplements and milk really helped [B]ALOT[/B].
I knew I would have to do something, I hate Milk and was a smoker up till a month before surgery, so I had to get drastic with the calcium thing .

Ya know how Doc's will use a pen and touch the area on the screen your trying to see? He didn't even have to do that, we could both see the Fusion from across the room, and when we looked at the computer he just glanced at it and couldn't believe what he saw .

To be sure, I asked if it had begun fusing, but that I didn't expect it too at only 5 weeks out, he laughed and said: OH YEA, it's 1/2 way fused and doing GREAT!

If it wasn't for my left leg being so painful I couldn't walk, I wouldn't of seen him for 3 more weeks. But I AM a bit confused. He said it was Bursitis in my left hip and gave me a shot of something that took away all the pain.
However I looked up Bursitis and it is not even close to what my leg was doing or felt like. If it does it again I am going to ask for an MRI to see the soft tissue and nerves before I agree with him on that one. He did take 5 xrays and looked at them [B]very[/B] closely for a long time before telling me that.
And he is an [B]EXCELLENT [/B] Surgeon, an Orthopedic AND a Neurosurgeon, so I guess he knows his stuff, maybe I'm just getting old
Stardust

Closed Thread