It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User
Misery!!!!

Hi, Heather!

Haven't seen you in a couple days. How are things going for you???? Hopefully you're not experiencing my level of *****!

Hope you're doing alright...please vent, though, if anything's wrong.

Miss you already! (Get your butt back on the boards!) HAHA!!!!!!

Hope to hear from you soon! Paige
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11
Anterior Fusion (BMP) L3-S1 '13

Old 03-10-2005, 11:26 PM   #2
(female)

misery HB User
Re: Misery!!!!

Hi Sweet,Soory for the silence.Major computer problems.So we are up and running for tonite.Then hubby will tear down and take to my brothers(fri.)so he can go thru and fix whatever eles is wrong.I'm hoping by saturday to be back and running with out any more problems.I didn't want you to think I forgot about you.I read your post and replyed 2 both times it got wiped out.As you know I'm not the computer genius of the family,hell I barely type so imagine my frusteration.So we try again
To your post it just sounds like you have had a very bad couple of monthst.I'm so sorry,I'm here for you to rant at any time.I'm glad you and hubby are talking I think that is the biggest step!I know how hard it is not to getdiscouraged but try to hang in there.I go thru this too and it's so difficult,inmy case I just feel like a huge burden to my family.It's hard not to when you are barley able to do things,I feel like a 1/4 of the person I once was.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 11:35 PM   #3
(female)

misery HB User

Notice I'm breaking this up so I doesn't all dissapear again it takes me to long to type it in the 1st place.
Ok,friendds at work.I hated working with women they are catty and bi.... and take offence at the wrong things.I can't say I have a wonderful solution other than time.I would probably be doing the exact same thing that you are.Who knows maybe she wants you to grovel.In time the high school mentality should blow over,of course this doesn't make life any easier,but just think how much more of a grown up you are.
Unfortunatly, friends and family can be this same way It's hard to know what to do.I run across this as well.I think people are just unsure of what to do or say when you are suddenly not normal(physical problems)and b/c we don't wear a big cast they cannot know how severe are problems are.It makes them uncomfortable and b/c they see no devise's they cannot understand the pain we go thru,so alot of times I think they believe that it can't be that bad!!.

Old 03-11-2005, 12:11 AM   #4
(female)

misery HB User

Man I hate these things,I just lost the last part of this post again!!!!!Trying to remember where I was.I think family.Sometimes they can treat you worse than friends or strangers ever would.It isn't your fault you know!People are just idiots sometimes.I'm sorry your going thru all this.The kitty's are great listeners and of course I'll always be here for you!!I know it helps to have someone who understands,so go ahead and vent away......!
You know you should do something small for yourself that you enjoy.Just for you..It may help get rid of the blues.I'm sure that I had just great advise in this last part,geinus of course and I lost it.lol Do I get a small smile?
The ticket could have been worse.At least you didn't have a fender bender and make your insurance go up like I did!!Hon, just try not to be to streesed out that just makes everything worse.I know this is easier said then done but due try.
In time all will work itself out and you will wonder why you made yourself so nuts to begin with.Just remember that I'm here for you anytime you need me.As my daughter says...If you were a booger I would pick you first!Oh the wisdom of teenagers!!I hope this helps and if nothing eles you should get a chuckle out of my typing ablity's.Love and Hugs.Heather

Old 03-11-2005, 12:12 AM   #5
(female)

misery HB User

Oh thank the gods it finally posted!!!

Old 03-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User

Man, girl, you get more than a small smile!!! LOL!!!!

I got the fender bender out of the way last fall...so don't get me started on the rest of my life!!!!

Thank you so much...it is SO true that if you're not in a wheelchair people don't believe there's anything wrong.

Look forward to hearing from you when your computer's back up...

Paige
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11

Old 03-12-2005, 11:27 AM   #7
(female)

misery HB User

Paige,Hi honey.I just popping in to check on you see how things are going?I should be back now everthing is supposed to be fixed.I wanted you to know you can rant and rave all you wnat b/c I'll listen.
I do hope things are going well with hubby,Keep talking this is the most important thing you guys can do.I know how hard it is when you are in painit just makes life so much harder.Even the intimate moments become hard(no pun inteneded).Not to be graphic or nosey but in my case hubby is so afaird of hurting me more.Actually it does but I just refuse to give this up along with everything eles!!!The point is just to keep letting him know how you are doing so he can understand better.Try not get to down on yourself stress doesn't help.Just a thought but have you tried talking to aprofessional to get thru this rough patch?It could help or it could just drain your pocketbbok!lol!Well at least your dreams aren't shattered like a bunny in awoodchipper!!!LOL!Courtesy of my 15yr,daughter the sarcastic QUEEN!I figured you would be the only one to app. this comment.
I just want you to know I'm here,Love and Hugs Heather

Old 03-13-2005, 09:51 AM   #8
(male)

ajd HB User

Hi Ya Ramapage Just Read Your Reply To Me N Boy You Have Been Through The Wars Have You Had Surgery On Any Of Your Problems N Are They A Success Please Respond As I Am Desprete To Find Out To Give Myself A Little Hope That One Day I Might Be Normal Again

Old 03-14-2005, 10:15 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User

No surgery yet...had the IDET done last summer. They stick a wire catheter into the disc and heat it up to try & melt the shell enough to seal the tear. But, if you've had a discogram, chances are this is much less painful!

Problems: controversial (a number on this board have had problems with me discussing, so I try to put this caveat in to make sure nobody gets the "rosy" glasses on!), and not covered by insurance (my dr only had 1 co approve, and they wouldn't tell me who it was!).

Taape posted IDET done only lasted 3-4 years, so I'm trying to keep this in mind and be careful! But, I look at it like my exercise schedule: I was a ballerina & horseback rider for 20 or so years, so I can take the next 20 off! Haha, just kidding, but I am avoiding those things that would make life a living hell, if I can!

I figured if I could hold onto my disc long enough, even if the IDET did ultimately fail, that maybe fusions like BMP, and ADR, would be further advanced or something else would be out there to make things even better!

You know, although this board is therapeutic, I have legal issues surrounding this so I've got lawyers making my life miserable!!! Argh! I guess I'm just glad I'm as stubborn as my old coot of a dad...that man gave me all the right tools for this!

Take care of yourself, and keep me posted of your progress...hopefully the boards will keep you from having to live with this as long as so many on the boards!!!
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11

Old 03-14-2005, 01:46 PM   #10
(male)

ajd HB User

so what about you si joint n what treatment have you had for that and how was it diognosed

Old 03-14-2005, 04:00 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User

my si was just giving me pain since the beginning, but b/c all my problems are in the same location, there was confusion re: whether it was "radiation" or actually separate.

after my idet in july, i had several months (almost 6) without si pain. i knew from experience, though, that i tended to have pain in that area when it hits the freezing point. sure enough, we had mild winter until mid/late january. no more...when the cold front hit, i had MAJOR pain! basically, that's how it got diagnosed as separate.

i don't know of any treatments beyond steroid injections, but i didn't have relief when the joint was injected...had to get epidurals. however, i was still suffering from the annular tear, which was worked on by the idet last summer. so, i don't know if i'd still need an epidural to provide relief. i've basically been just using my version of "pain management" at work (aka "sucking it up") this winter. wasn't sure i was in as much pain as before (b/c of the idet successful so far on my disc).

not much help, but that's my story. got an appt for pt eval this friday, and one with my ortho in a couple weeks. will keep you posted on any new ideas that pop up. want to see everyone else get "fixed" quicker than me! (although i know that's unrealistic, i have to remain optimistic.)
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11

Old 03-16-2005, 10:44 AM   #12
(female)

misery HB User

Paige,Hi sweet.Sorry for being out of touch.We have had doc, appt,everywhere so I haven't been home much.Then of course by the time I do get back I'm so miserable from the pain I just crawl in bed.The last 2 weeks I have had to be somewhere every day!Today is the 1st day where I didn't have to be some place.Took my girls to school and crawled back into bed and slept till 10:30.Except for the pain part it felt great.
I had my appt. with the new ortho on monday.He was very nice and listened to everything I said whithout trying to blow it off.So I go in on friday for a new mri and a ct.I haven't had a mri since before my 1st surgery.that was about 3yrs,ago.I have to say that I'm kindof excited,it's nice to have the doc actually listen to you instead of blwing off everything you say.I don't know if he will be able to help me,but at least he listened.After mri,I won't see him until april 11.I really hate the waiting part.
I'm sorry to hear that si is acting up,that just isn't any fun.they really can't do anything for it other than the shots? I can't even think of anything to help.I just keep doing all the things I always do to try and get rid of pain.Of course they never seem to work but I do them anyway.
I hope ortho will have some idea's.You would think that with all the technology that is out there that they would be able to fix us!
Hope things are a little better.Hugs Heather

Old 03-25-2005, 01:01 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User

Hey, girl!

I've been out of the loop, too, so no worries on that end. I had to plan for travel to Chicago for training, so was out of the loop for a long time this go-round! Fortunately, the SI joint has been pretty quiet lately. You know, SI injections didn't help...I'd actually have to get epidurals or the epi/SI "combo"! Woof.

Glad you're in touch with a dr. who listens...makes ALL the difference, I think! So happy for you!!!

Keep me posted on your next appt. - would LOVE to hear how the MRI, etc. turns out! Much adoration to you! Paige
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11

Closed Thread