I am in VERY similar shape to where you were (7mo ago) - I DO hope things are STILL going well w/you
I saw your post where "everything appeared like a fusion had occurred."
My Neurosurgeon cannot definitively say that I have a non-union (fused L4/5, S1) but insists that I do, I also have severe instability & slippage of level above.
I THINK my fusion has failed - I also think (by appearance on film) that my top also did not attach/fuse @ L4/5.
He is awaiting new MRI to see if facets are also involved.
I am strongly considering the hardware block for I THINK I have loosening as well for I CAN FEEL IT wiggle and the pain is now at OMG levels.
IF he is planning to do surgery anyway to stabilize things, should I bother with getting the hardware block? He says I can wait no longer than 30 (more) days to commit to the revision or I risk things becoming much more complicated.
I am so confused and sure that I am NOT fused