Your memory serves you well.
I do have a pseudoarthrosis of L4/5 from surgery in '03, my L5/S1 appears good.
Am currently seeing new NS and he is awaiting yet another MRI, he is concerned now that the facets at fusion site (as well as the level above) may also be involved.
Do not have a date for surgery yet, but according to him it will be within 30 days or so. He is concerned if I wait longer my screws will "toggle" and by doing so require larger screws to be needed during revision. He feels as things appear now he may be able to get my just removing rods & replacing graft and not have to remove the screws at all.
I am just a tad younger than you I am 43.
'as for your compliments of my screen name,
Don't you worry you'll always be....
"The Bionic Queen"
a name MUCH more fitting than witch