It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 08:47 PM   #1
Inactive

Tiffrose HB User
when you rest or take it easy does it help your back

one more question for everyone.

when you rest and are in a comfortable position, do you get some relief. sometimes i have doubt about how serious my back is. results, torn disc prove that i should be in pain but again i doubt myself sometimes. should my back not hurt when i'm resting and sitting or laying in a position where the compression is less. any ideas. please, everyone respond to ease my concerns and anxiety about my back pain. oh, by the way i don't have alot of leg pain. sometimes but not that much. jason.

Old 03-12-2005, 12:09 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Haw'nCarl HB User
Re: when you rest or take it easy does it help your back

Hey, Aloha Jason,

This is only the first post that I have read of yours and I have no idea about if, how many or what kind of diagnostics you have been through with your doctors, but I am going to take a stab at it anyway. This is a sound theory that if you get into a comfortable position and rest, your pain may decrease.

I cannot speculate as to what may be causing your pain, and what may work for me, may not work for you. That is, maybe I can alleviate my pain by lying on my side, and you may not be able to lie on your side at all. I have found that if I get too comfortable for too long in one position, I may have to move around a little to get loosened up again.

When you said that you donít have a lot of leg pain, sometimes, but not much, it sounds like you may have some nerve involvement, but again, I donít know anything about your injury, or how long you have been suffering, so you ask, why the heck am I responding with such an esoteric and vague offering? Just to let you know that you are not alone, back pain is such a pain to figure out sometimes, but never doubt yourself, you are doing the right thing by educating yourself here and with other peoples experiences maybe you can find some relief, hang in there, I wish you well.

HíC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 07:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User

I'm not real sure what your getting at but I have suffered now for close to 6yrs with my spine problems and am on meds and have had numerous treatments, test, ect. I have problems through-out my spine and some serious but all un-operable and yes there is times I can get a position that I am comfortable and close to pain free, though these times for me are few and far between, if your asking if just beacuse you don't feel your pain 24/7 it means you don't have a problem, I don't think so..
Linda

Old 03-12-2005, 08:00 AM   #4
(female)

purplerain212 HB User

Definatly! If I do nothing, sitting on couching, I feel ok. Any movement bothers me to the point of pain, or back numbness. But yes, if I take it totally easy I feel ok. It doesn't really go away, but my uncomfort level is very minimal if I'm doing nothing! The fun of back/neck problems

Old 03-12-2005, 08:43 PM   #5
(female)

jenjordan HB User

Hi yes if i am just having my everyday back pain resting def helps,but if its a bad episode nothing gives me relief laying sitting standing all hurts nothing helps that for me just a trip tp the er for a pain shot can take the edge off for me in a severe situatuion.

Old 03-12-2005, 08:54 PM   #6
(female)

arkansas_tracy HB User

I have pain lieing down, and standing up sometimes. That nerve going down my leg hurts sooooooo bad. I wake up in the middle of the night and have to get up and walk because it feels like my leg is all tangled up or something and it takes it forever to calm down. But then sometimes it doesn't brother as much.. I can't wait to see how my surgery is going to help this. I got 12 days till my surgery. Oh boy I am getting nervousssssssss. Later Tators Tracy

Old 03-13-2005, 06:08 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

caszyman HB User

Just yesterday I was getting on my daughter for just lying in bed watching TV a great part of the day. She says it makes her feel better. She has spondylisthesis and stenosis and it's hard for me to imagine the pain that she feels 24/7. I did get her up when I told her we'd go shopping, she's 15. It's amazing how that worked! Three months until surgery and hopefully her pain will subside after the healing process.

Old 03-13-2005, 06:37 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

I think what you are asking is if your pain is from a torn disc then if you lay down then the pain should go away because there is less weight or pressure on the disc. I know I have a disc protrusion and had extreme pain about 4 weeks ago. When I would lay down the pain went away completely. When I would stand up pressure was put on the disc and I had extreme pain to the point of being unable to walk on my own. I am much better now with hardly any pain and I only have to take aspirin a few times a day. That is my experience anyway I am not sure what your's is.

Closed Thread