It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2005, 07:15 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User
Signed up for more TORTURE!

Hi ya'll
I saw my doc. last week about the injects. I had the week before. He said to go ahead with the SCS for the lumbar area and wants a discogram for the cervical area. So off for the discogram on Monday. I do not know why one would keep asking to be tortured time and time again but I guess I will just grin and take it like a good little patient. I know this will be about as much fun as the one I had on the low back but I guess I just have not had enough pain for one life time. Wish me luck...............Again.
shelley

Old 03-12-2005, 07:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jessie1 HB User
Re: Signed up for more TORTURE!

Good luck with your discogram! I had one done on 3 levels in my lower back a few months ago. I can't imagine having one done in the cervical area. Have you had any cervical MRI's done to locate the source of the problem? My doctor told me that discograms should only be done when the next step will be surgery. I'll be thinking about you on Monday! When will you get your SCS put in? Keep us posted!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 07:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User

Shely, Sorry to hear you are still suffering so much, good luck with the discogram.I spent yrs believing the next inj. or treatment just might be the one, we have to have hope, who knows !!
Linda

Old 03-12-2005, 09:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

Hi guys
Yes Jessie I have had 2 MRI's one last March and then last month. Last month's showed a moderate bulge at 3-4 a tear at 4-5 a herniation at 5-6 a bulge at 6-7 and a moderate bulge impinge on on the thecal sac but not the spinal cord on t1-2. Sounds like a bunch of fun huh I too have had the discogram on the lumbar and that was bad enough the cervical one makes me think it will leave me with alot of residual pain the following days if it is positive I have had 2 rounds of PT and way to many injections.
I am suppose to schedule the SCS on monday , that will be for the hip and leg pain.. I know it sounds like I am 80 but I am only 34, and I do work full time and have 3 children, so this is not the way I want to spend each day. They suffer too by not having the mom they need.
O.K. enough of my feeling sorry for my self. This too shall pass. and one day things will be fine. RIGHT????????????
shelley

Old 03-12-2005, 10:40 AM   #5
(female)

misery HB User

Hi Shelley,Good luck with the next disco,god those things just suck!I'm so glad that you got everything staitened out with the scs,That wonderful.I hope that it does wonders for you.
I know how you fell about signing up for more torture,I always feel the same way.If it helps give the doc your "bill" for pain that you have to suffer.I always feel like the test subject,so they should pay us for the privlage!lol.Hugs heather

Old 03-12-2005, 03:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

Hi Heather
you know you are correct, they should pay us, why didn't I think of that.
i feel like the "tester" as well. I know the disco will suck.... but I guess I really have no other choice, well I guess I do I could keep living like this..................NO THANKS. So when I post about my misery(no pun inteaded) on Monday ,remind me that I could have said no.
shelley

Old 03-12-2005, 03:54 PM   #7
(male)

rachelmc HB User

hi shelley,
good luck for the discogram . I will be thinking of you...
sometimes i wish they would say to me your pain isnt right lets find out more BUT then like you say more torture.................
Im offf too the docs again tuesday to get the strengh of my tabs put up nothing seems to take the edge of the pain and thats all ireally ask, Cause i know it will never go away......
once again thinking of you.....
lve and hugs rachel

Closed Thread