It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 06:07 AM   #1

jago25_98 HB User
Posture improvement for the sportsman?

My shoulders are very forward (but not a hunchback) and my hips back. I think it's due to using a computer a lot and as a teenager giving out a slouch body language; if only I knew it was to be perminent....

Saw a chiropractor when in serious pain but not impressed:
- very, very expensive. I just can't nearly afford it
- she seemed used to people in pain
- she had no reason to help me; she's be losing the business
- seemed to just push me around a bit, not convincing; I need to stretch the muscles on my front and shorten the ones on my back

But she did tell me the problem is serious.
I've always hated the way I have to pull my shoulders forward all the time. I feel that in this case the problem is physiological not mental - I would like my shoulders to sit back naturally.

I've been bodybuilding (not cause; had this posture always) and so I want [b]real action[/b]. I'm prepared to be bashed about and work hard for it, even surgery if possible.

{removed}

Last edited by moderator2; 03-14-2005 at 06:40 AM. Reason: do not post pictures or personal websites - do not post commercial websites

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2005, 07:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User
Re: Posture improvement for the sportsman?

Sounds familar to me, I remember as a child my mom always telling me hold your shoulders back, quite slouching....
I always hated my posture and tried to hold my shoulders back and keep my posture right.
When I beagn having back pain and problems I found out I have what is called "Kyphosis" in laymen terms "hunchback".
So your problem may very well be a physical problem, I believe it would show up on x-rays, I found out on my MRI though.
Worth checking out if it bothers you so much, I understand how you hate this I know I do..
Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread