It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 07:10 AM   #1
(female)

minxie HB User
hello, hello

hello one and alll. I've been reading this board for months while i waited for dx and then tx. But never dared to post. I am now two weeks post op of l3,l4 fusion and decompression. I just wanted to thank all the members and moderators of this board for giving me all the info, good and bad, that I would need to get thru this. Many of you don't realize this, but even your worst days have helped me out and on your best days, you've given me so much hope. I'm rather isolated up here in snowy mid coast back woods Maine, so, you have all been my friends, confidants, knowledge seekers etc, So, once again thank you all. Minxie

Old 03-14-2005, 07:42 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mkf HB User
Re: hello, hello

Hi! glad you posted - this board has been a huge blessing for me. How are you feeling now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2005, 08:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Well,
Hello & Welcome to the Boards!!

We're VERY glad you posted and VERY VERY VERY glad if reading some of the posts helped you!

Hope your fusion is a huge success - please keep posting & let us know how your doing

Bionic Witch

Last edited by Bionicwan; 03-14-2005 at 08:11 AM.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:18 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Quietcook; 07-16-2005 at 04:47 PM.

Old 03-14-2005, 03:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

Hi there
and welcome, I hope you are doing well, please let us know your great progress, it is always GREAT to hear the best outcomes.
shelley

Old 03-15-2005, 04:52 AM   #6
(female)

minxie HB User

Well, thank you all for your warm welcome....... perhaps a little about my experience/s,,,, I had been sufering from extreme pain over my illeac crests and around the back for @5 years. I thought it was my hips but xrays showed nothing. So, I began a series of taking pain killers... each one stronger than the next and then I was prescribed methadone.. what a miracle drug. it lasted longer, didn't make my head fuzzy or anything but the painkept getting worse, affecting my right leg and swelling my knee and feet up. Finally, my hubby couldn't take anymore of my pain and the pills. He went with me to the dr and demanded they perform some tests. As it turned out, i had a spinal stenosis a herniated disk of the l3,l4 cysts all over my nerve endings, burn spurs and what not. I was scheduled for surgery March1. That was SOOOO scary, but i read everything I could, kept coming back to these boards and preyed for the best. My biggest concern was the fact that I was on methadone and that they mighttry putting me on a different pain killer. Of course I was reassured that wouldn't happen. Well, I cam out of surgery in the most excruciating pain imaginable, i kept trying to climb out of bed, i succeeded twice and fell as a result. I was hallucinating, delusional and quite psychotic. Finally, hubby to the rescue again demanded they stop all meds except the methadone. Within three days, i was pretty much back to normal and after 7 days was released from the hospital. The amazing thing is, i have no more hip/illeac crest or leg pain. I do have pain where they tok the graft and my incicision sight is sore. I feel that I've had it quite easy compared to many of you and I thnk God and my past athletic and gymnastic abilities for that. I am eager to start p/t but can't until my 4 week check up. I go stir crazy because i am a very physically active person and staying is driving me nuts. We have no malls within 50 malls for walking, i love to snowshoe but hubby won't let me. Anyways, I just want to thankyou for the welcome and am praying for all those suffering and hope for more cures to come along to help all. God bless all. One thing i fogot to mention is that I also have Hepatitis C genotype 1A which is the hardest type to treat and was concerned about complications caused by that. But so far.... so good. Thanks all

Old 03-15-2005, 06:48 AM   #7
(female)

SadieNY HB User

OMG another LURKER such as myself lol I have been coming to these boards for so many years I never post just of late have I talked a little bit.

So glad you are doing well hope you continue to do that

Sadie

Old 03-15-2005, 07:17 AM   #8
(female)

Valley HB User
Exclamation Re: hello, hello

Hi, and welcome, please don't be afraid to post and ask questions, we are all human and going through basically the same thing. So if you have questions or concerns, ask, ask away. Valley

Closed Thread