It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 12:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User
Had Disco today

Hi everyone
i had my cervical discogram today. They go through the front of your neck to do it that was way creepy. Anyway, they did the C3-4 level and no pain, C4-5 level produced moderated pain, and then the C5-6 level...bingo that one was very painful, the doc said the dye just poured out of it and it looked bad in that sense. The C6-7 level was fine. Then he redid the C5-6 level .... WHY!!!!! Anyway, I do not know what is next but I will see my doc on Friday.
My advice............do not sign up for that one. he said for my next visit I will get a free toaster LOL.
shelley

Old 03-14-2005, 01:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Re: Had Disco today

[QUOTE=myspine] Hi everyone
i had my cervical discogram today. They go through the front of your neck to do it that was way creepy. Anyway, they did the C3-4 level and no pain, C4-5 level produced moderated pain, and then the C5-6 level...bingo that one was very painful, the doc said the dye just poured out of it and it looked bad in that sense. The C6-7 level was fine. Then he redid the C5-6 level .... WHY!!!!! Anyway, I do not know what is next but I will see my doc on Friday.
My advice............do not sign up for that one. he said for my next visit I will get a free toaster LOL.
shelley[/QUOTE]

Just so you know.. any procedure they do that involves the discs in your neck they go through the front of your neck..... Epidural Steroid Injections, Myelogram.....etc.... and also they go through the front of the neck when they do surgery as well...... just thought I'd give ya a bit of a heads up so you know this.... for future reference.

Good luck to ya!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2005, 03:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

Hi there
I have had nerve blocks, ESI and the facet blocks and they were done from the back, so this one suprised me a bit.
shelley

Old 03-14-2005, 09:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

I am so glad you finally got that over with and now know where the problem is. But I gotta say, You sure are braver than I am! They would of had to knock me out and figure it out without me
The Best of Luck to you,
Stardust

Old 03-14-2005, 10:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

Why do they go through the front of the neck? How do they miss hitting your throat and how do you breathe. This sounds very scarey and I may have to have one. Can't they go in through the side like in the lumbar region?

Old 03-14-2005, 11:32 PM   #6
(male)

rachelmc HB User

hi shell,
missed this thread before i posted the other one.lol
rachelmc

Old 03-15-2005, 07:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

Well the go through like the front sideish area and I guess using the fluroscope is how they are sure not to hit anything.
But I am still asking myself today "did I really sign up for this" LOL
My neck is a bit bruised and sore from the entry sites (6 of them) on top of the neck pain that they made feel really good as well. I must say it is good that I did not know how they did it ahead of time or I might have been a complete basket case
I guess they get the "best" view that way, but I hope that is the LAST discogram I ever have.
shelley

Old 03-15-2005, 07:45 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

I hope it's your last one also. One more question - Are you laying down or sitting up for the test? I think I'd have to keep my eyes closed for fear of watching the needles pass by my face. I think I'll ask for an MRI first.

Old 03-15-2005, 08:44 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

Hi there yes you are laying down facing the ceiling.
Sounds fun huh.
Today I have a bit of soreness around all the areas where the actually stuck my , so the front of my ncck hurts and the back hurts.
shelley

Old 03-15-2005, 09:50 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User

I am not sure how they miss the wind pipe, and voice box.. and this and that when they go in for tIhe ESI's and stuff.....I guess because they use the flouroscope xray... they can go around and between them..... I know my partner just had a Discectomy/Fusion at C5-6 back on Feb 21... and they went in on the front of her neck kind of off to the side of the adams apple area... when they went in they pull the wind pipe and the voice box... and all off to the side... out of the way, so they can go through and get to the discs... that is why after surgery most people have a hard time swallowing and a sore throat and this and that.. because they move all those things out of the way....She still has some proplems swallowing and stuff... even 3 weeks or so after surgery....but they said that will improve over time........She didnt have any stitches on the outside... all the stitches were on the inside... the doctor said he stitched her up much like they do with plastic surgery.... they said after it is totally healed, and what not.. the scar with basically look like a wrinkle on her neck... but they said it will take approx. a year for it to get to that point.....The surgeon explained all this stuff to us before the surgery so we would know exactly what to expect.....anyway... just a bit of information....

Good Luck ya all...

Closed Thread