It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 11:49 PM   #1
(female)

Read66 HB User
IDET out looking at other options

Well as expected, thanks to this board and not any info from my dr., the Idet is not covered by my insurance. As I can't get the money to cover this I am looking at other options.

Of course fusion, or ADR
My question is if ADR is covered by most insurances yet as it is new.
My neurosurgeon is Dr. Randall Porter in Phoenix AZ, He has yet to do an ADR but is looking for a first patient. I could have him do it. He is supposed to be one of the best in Phoenix from what I hear or I could be referred to someone else. I just don't want to wait anymore. It took me 3 months to get in to see him and another 2 months to schedule the IDET. Now it will probably be another month to reschedule. This is very frustrating as I would not have pestered my insurance Co. if it had not been for info from this board. You would think the dr. office would mention that minor detail. Thanks for letting me vent and thanks for the valuable imput.
Barb

Old 03-15-2005, 12:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Re: IDET out looking at other options

Hi Barb,

It's a shame the crap the insurance companies put people through, I'm sorry for your woes w/them over the IDET.

I don't have experience with the ADR (I had fusion) but I know some of the other's do or know someone who has had this.

I'd be afraid to be the 1st pt a Dr tried this out on......but, of course that's your call.

Just wanted to wish you well

BW

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2005, 06:06 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User
Re: IDET out looking at other options

I'm sorry, too, because although quite a few on the boards had a failure with their IDET, mine was successful (8 months and counting!). My ortho warned me of the approval problem as soon as we began discussing my options.

I did luck out, as my mom (on Mother's Day, no less...I never tire telling people how WONDERFUL she is!) was going to help my sister with her downpayment on a house, and my sister told her to give it to me instead. I don't want others to think I'm bragging or anything...just so grateful I had the chance and wish others could too!

I was seriously considering BMP prior to the "gift", as ADR hadn't been approved when I was deciding. I am glad you have a really good dr, but am concerned about you being a guinea pig, like BW mentioned. Is there a possibility he could have someone with this experience assisting or overseeing??? Just a thought, if you really want to go with this one.

Good luck, and keep us posted!
L3-4 Tear Diag '03
IDET '04
SI Diag '04
Stenosis Diag '06
Bulging Disc L4-5 Diag '06
DDD L3-4 thru L5-S1 Diag '06
Laminectomy '06

Last edited by Rampage; 03-15-2005 at 06:08 PM.

Closed Thread