It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 07:18 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User
Is IDET onlt for the lumbar?

Hi there
O.K. I am playing doctor for myself, but just wondering what you guys know.
I know all about the IDET and actually was not urged to do that for MYSPINE ( no pun..well maybe ) when it was my lumbar. Anyway all of the research I have done says it is lumbar ...lumbar..lumbar. Anyone know if they do this for cervical disasters too????? i will see my doc at the end of this week, but you know how it goes, until then look up everything you can
Anyway just wondering if anyone has had it for the neck, I have not seen it has a treatment for the cervical region, surely I am missing something.
shelley

Old 03-15-2005, 06:35 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User
Re: Is IDET onlt for the lumbar?

I haven't, since mine was for my lumbar! (sorry!) I had to wear a brace for 2 months, to allow the disc to cool and reform correctly. Maybe the cervical region is too difficult because of the recovery/brace issue?

I just did a quick search online, and it appears to be typically for the lower back. Whether that means a big fat NO for the others, or a "recommendation", who can say. What I'm seeing online is Cervical Endoscopic Discectomy, Anterior Cervical Discectomy, Anterior Cervical Fusion, Anterior Cervical Corpectomy, Cervical Post Foraminotomy, Cervical Laminaplasty, and Microendoscopic Cervical Posterior Discectomy.

I'll keep looking though, if that'll help you... . William Dillin's an ortho who had a neuro fellowship (the best of both worlds!). He appears to be in LA...

Hope this helps! Take care!
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11
Anterior Fusion (BMP) L3-S1 '13

Last edited by moderator2; 03-16-2005 at 06:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 12:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User
Re: Is IDET onlt for the lumbar?

Thanks for the info.
I will see my doc on Friday and I am sure I will find out what can or can not be done. I was just looking for myself. My doc does do the IDET but on his info page it is only under the lumbar section as well. The disco showed a tear in the C4-5,5-6 ,6-7 but only caused mod. pain at 4-5 and horrible pain at 5-6 , He will probably look at it and say I am a mess and to go to pain management or something
I have had a fusion at l4-5 and am waiting for the SCS for the nerve damage in my hip and leg. Does this sound like an old lady or what I have not even reached my 35th birthday yet and I feel like a train wreck.
Thanks for spending your time looking.
Shelley

Closed Thread