It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 12:43 AM   #1
Inactive

Tiffrose HB User
back problems/pain meds causing marriage problems

my wife and i are fighting all the time and i say mean things to her sometimes. i think the pain and pain meds are causing me to be irritable and grumpy. anyone have similar problems. i'm having surgery soon maybe the fighting will stop. those pain meds are tough on a marriage for me. i feel like i'm a different person. any advice. thanks, jason

Old 03-16-2005, 01:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Re: back problems/pain meds causing marriage problems

Pain itself is enough to place a strain on a relationship - add in a cocktail of mind altering "medicine" and you raise the chance for discord, irritibility and a ton of other factors that can make you and your partner miserable

In essence you are a different person Jason. The pain (and the meds) kinda change all of us.

Even the BEST relationships suffer when one of you have pain.

Try to sit down and express your feelings with your wife WHEN YOUR AT YOUR BEST whenever your pain is low and your mind the clearest - choose that time of day.

If your partner is supportive your very lucky, Thank her for her support.

- NONE of us can get through this alone - that's why I am here typing this and your here reading it

- we ALL need support emotionally to deal with things. I really believe our partners suffer too, they miss the "Old Us" and feel helpless to change the situation their dealt.

What type meds are you on?
I have changed meds several times because I didn't like how they made me feel or act.

Keep us posted
and Good Luck!

BW

Last edited by Bionicwan; 03-16-2005 at 01:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 06:07 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Dealing in Pa. HB User
Re: back problems/pain meds causing marriage problems

I Have Been Dealing With Pain Meds, Had Surgery And Dealing With A Crushed Nerve For About 6 Months Now. My Marriage Is Taking A Toll Also. My Sex Drive Is Gone, I Am Very Irritable, Say Mean Things, And Am Very Disassociated Due To Meds. Please Hang In There! My Wife Is Trying To Be Very Supportive And Patient With Me, I Don't Know How She Does It! Let's Just Hope There Is A Silver Lining In Our Clouds That We Will See Soon! God's Speed And Best Of Luck.

Closed Thread