It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 06:20 AM   #1
(female)

arkansas_tracy HB User
One more question for this morning

hey I just had one more question, I heard I am going to have a walker or curches? Is that true? Ohh I also went the other day to see how much one of them special toilets was? Geez Weez they were 135.00. What the heck are they made of gold? I just said I might have to find a way to use the my own toliet.. It would be nice if they would give me some of the stuff from the hospital.. Would my insurance cover this stuff? just wondering.. gotta jet. Tracy

Old 03-16-2005, 06:34 AM   #2
(female)

Valley HB User
Exclamation Re: One more question for this morning

Hi, if you are having back surgery, then yes you will need a walker. Check with your insurance to see what they will cover, mine wouldn't cover a raised toilet seat, but check to see anyway.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 06:59 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User
Re: One more question for this morning

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Quietcook; 07-16-2005 at 04:56 PM.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Tracy,

The others gave you answers to your ?'s.

One more thing you may wanna do is call the ins comp and see WHAT they cover as far as DME - and, some policies will even cover a set # of in home nurse visits if your Dr deems them needed, if you don't have people able to be with you all day the 1st couple days home.

Bionic

Old 03-16-2005, 08:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

I live alone so I was sent to rehab for a couple of weeks. When I did come home I had grabbers in every room.
fly

Old 03-16-2005, 08:28 AM   #6
(female)

texasmary HB User

Hi Tracy... Be sure to read the surgery tips message at top of this board. I found it very helpful. Since I live out in the country, I wanted to be prepared for everything BEFORE my surgery, so I visited a home health care store, got recommendations on equipment, had them call my insurance, had them call my doc for a prescription, and they delivered what I needed to my house. Very simple... insurance covered 80%. I used walker for about 2 days, raised toilet seat for about 6 weeks, shower chair for about 10 weeks, and still use the grabber when doing laundry (to get into hampers and dryers) at nearly 5 months post-op. If I had it to do again, I would get at least one more grabber... to pick up the first grabber when I dropped it

Keep asking questions. That is how you get some peace of mind.

Best wishes, Mary in Texas

Old 03-16-2005, 10:11 AM   #7
(female)

arkansas_tracy HB User

Thank ya so much for everybody help. And Bionic I did talk to my nurse doctor while ago and she did say I could keep taking my codine till my surgery and my birth control pills too. Thanks for everything everbody. Tracy!

Closed Thread