It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 08:00 PM   #1

1short HB User
Where do spasms come from? Unbelievable pain

Since XMAS EVE DAY, i HAVE BEEN unindated with excruiatingly painful spasms that change every week to 10 days. I will get 2 to 6 45 minutes to 2 hour sessions. Each weekly grouping is basicly the same for that time period-progressing to a more painful version until I am spasming constantly for an entire day. The pain is unbelievable. No drugs seem to phase it. I t seems to build into a cresendo until I think I am about to die-then ease for 3-6 days and then start all over again. Sound familar? where and Why?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 08:35 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User
Re: Where do spasms come from? Unbelievable pain

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Quietcook; 07-16-2005 at 06:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 12:41 AM   #3

1short HB User

Been seeing Dr's for 2 yrs. On 50mg Fentenal patches - dr is steadily increasing Bacolfin which is the muslce relaxer. She says it is now at about 1/2 of the max it can go. I am having an attach right now that my entire body is numb on the outside, if I sit to still and quite I almost quit breathing, so I just got up-came on computer to keep my mind going and it seems to help quite the rest. This is really strange from the other attacks. But that is my point-why do these keep changing ?

Old 03-17-2005, 12:44 AM   #4

1short HB User

By the way-no surgery has been done as they can not locate the problem which is located in the thorasic area. Constant extreme pain which is taken care of somewhat with the 5 combinations of drugs they give me. But the spasms are over and above the regular back pain.

Old 03-17-2005, 02:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

short

You really need to address these spasms with your Dr. Not only for your comfort level but more importantly: IF your spasms are this frequent & violent in nature then it is possible for the constant spasms to wreak so much havoc that they can damage the muscle(s) themselves with repetitve spasms day in day out.

I wish you luck
and hope your having
a gentle NON spasm day

BW

Old 03-17-2005, 06:16 AM   #6
(male)

Willis Earl HB User

Hey Short-
I've had spasm's and "muscle lockdown" for a long time now.
Used to call it my "Car wreck feeling". Everytime I would do something wrong It would feel like i had been in a car wreck for 3 days--then ease up till next time and move around alot.
I went thru all the muscle relaxers and nothing helped except hot hot water. Too much pressure to lie in a tub anymore so 30 min showers every morn to get going. Jaccuzi would be nice but dont have one. Now it feels as if my muscles have shrunk and wont release. My problem is in my thorasic as well.
I have had cervical- Lumbar- Bone spur removal and 4 bone spurs taken out of my shoulder chest area -which feels constricted
and chest pains. The Lumbar feels better I think but when they took out the hardware all the pain went up and got worse--Probally overcompesating or something. Massage is good but who can afford that all the time.
To tell you the truth the best I have for easing it up is my old friend Mr.Tennis ball. when the muscle locks down just lay gently on it and squirm like a worm -It moves the spasms around till you find the least pain..
Hope you feel better.-----Willis

Closed Thread