It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 05:02 AM   #1
(female)

aerorules HB User
Question Help, getting a nerve block and have questions..

I went to my neurosurg. yesterday and I am being scheduled for a nerve block at the L4 and L5 nerve roots. I had a microdisc./lamin. in Nov. and started to have problems again in Jan. My new mri shows a new fragment that has worked its way out and it pressing on the nerve. He said this sometimes happens. Has anyone had a nerve block? Is it the same procedure as an ESI? How long until you know if it worked or not? He said if this didn't help me then he would probably have to go in there and get that new fragment out. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks for any replies.

Old 03-17-2005, 09:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User
Re: Help, getting a nerve block and have questions..

Hi there
You will know immed. if the nerve block works or not. I had the nerve blocks done with out sedation on those exact levels. no soreness the next day either. So it is like you will know right then if that is the problem.
shelley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 11:00 PM   #3
(female)

aerorules HB User
Re: Help, getting a nerve block and have questions..

Thanks for the reply Shelley! Is this similar to a transforiminal epidural shot? I have had them before. They use xray guidance to put the needle next to the nerve and then put the medicine in. I assume it is different or it wouldn't be called a nerve block, right? Was your nerve block painful? When I got those trans.form. epi. shots it felt like my leg was going to burn off when they put the medicine in, but then it quit burning when they quit putting pressure on the nerve. Is this what it will feel like? I hope this will give all the information my doctor needs to fix me, however that may be.

Closed Thread