It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2005, 07:06 AM   #1
(female)

PeachJam HB User
Find the beauty in today...

My surgery is Monday. I am very very nervous. I am mainly worried about the pain. I remember the last back surgery my in house pain meds were not managed well. And of course like everyone else I worry about the surgery not working or dying on the table.

Itís funny I have always looked for the lesson in life. No matter how bad something was there had to be a lesson to learn. I have realized that if there really is a lesson in this it is love. To love those around me more and to remember how wonderful a brisk walk with the dogs is, instead of thinking of it as a chore. How nice it is to be in the yard and throw the dogs balls, how nice it is to be well.

Please send all your good thoughts my way Monday.

And take a moment today to relish something normal, getting that cup of coffee for your husband, changing your babies diapers, It is in those things that I believe the true beauty and happiness of the world can be found.

I canít express how much I regret losing site of that over the years. I can only pray and hope that I will get another chance.

Old 03-18-2005, 07:18 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User
Re: Find the beauty in today...

PeachJam,

You are definitely in my prayers for your procedure on Monday. But if you can, instead of worry about what the bad can be, focus on that you will soon be feeling so much better than you are now and plan in your head those things you want to enjoy for thisi spring and summer as you continue your healing.

It's understandable to be nervous and with my 8 spine surgeries, I do know that feeling. But, I have had so much confidence in my doc and as the saying goes, worry won't fix anything and can hinder the good. He and his partners are Christians. It's great with me they come to operations prep area and ask if it's okay to have a prayer together. Not any of my other surgeons have done that, but if I had to have a new one today, and they didn't do that, I believe I'd ask them if we could have a moment to ask for God's blessing.

I hope you have spoken with the doctor about your concerns for pain meds following your surgery. If not, call the nurse today so you can get that worry out of your mind.

Take it easy and do only what you have been told you can do, then when you are up to it, let us know you're home and how you are doing. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Looking forward to good news from you soon.

[QUOTE=PeachJam]My surgery is Monday. I am very very nervous. I am mainly worried about the pain. I remember the last back surgery my in house pain meds were not managed well. And of course like everyone else I worry about the surgery not working or dying on the table.

Itís funny I have always looked for the lesson in life. No matter how bad something was there had to be a lesson to learn. I have realized that if there really is a lesson in this it is love. To love those around me more and to remember how wonderful a brisk walk with the dogs is, instead of thinking of it as a chore. How nice it is to be in the yard and throw the dogs balls, how nice it is to be well.

Please send all your good thoughts my way Monday.

And take a moment today to relish something normal, getting that cup of coffee for your husband, changing your babies diapers, It is in those things that I believe the true beauty and happiness of the world can be found.

I canít express how much I regret losing site of that over the years. I can only pray and hope that I will get another chance.[/QUOTE]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2005, 07:38 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Dealing in Pa. HB User
Thumbs up Re: Find the beauty in today...

Peachjam, I Know Exactly How You Feel. I Had Back Surgery Aboout 8 Weeks Ago And It Was My First Surgery Ever! (i Am A 42 Yr. Old Male.) What Seemed To Help Me Alot Was I Sat Down On My Computer And Wrote Letters To My Parents, Wife, Kids, And My Best Friend Letting Them Know How I Felt About Them And For Them Not To Worry If Things Went Wrong. It Made Me Feel Better Knowing That They Knew How I Felt About Them Just In Case. On The Bright Side, My Surgery Went Great And Nobody Had To Read Those Letters! I Am Sure Things Will Go Well With You Also As They Did With Me, And Remeber The Pain Is Only For A While, And The Reward From The Surrgery Will Last A Lifetime. A Small Price To Pay! Gods Speed On Your Recovery.

Last edited by Dealing in Pa.; 03-18-2005 at 07:40 AM.

Old 03-18-2005, 08:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Hi

How's about we keep you in our thoughts TODAY and thru Monday and after.

QC is right, call your Dr's ofc TODAY - voice your concerns over your post op pain meds, I plan to do the same!

I admire your positiveness.....realizing how precious the simple things in life are that sometimes are taken for granted.

I wish you all the luck possible for a successful surgery and smooth recovery.

We will ALL be here cheering you on

Try not to worry and think ahead to life with less pain

Hugs & Prayers
Bionic

Last edited by Bionicwan; 03-18-2005 at 08:46 AM.

Old 03-18-2005, 08:49 AM   #5
(female)

Valley HB User
Smile Re: Find the beauty in today...

Hi, Peachjam, I understand that you are scared, I went through that less than 3 weeks ago, granted the first few days you may be in alot of pain, but they will have pain meds for you, and you will be fine. I'm praying that God will give you peace. Valley

Old 03-19-2005, 10:06 AM   #6
(female)

Better Late HB User

Peachjam, My Prayers For Peace Are With You Today And Every Day. I Am Visualizing A Successfull Surgery And Minimal Pain After. Also A Speedy Recovery . God's Peace Be Yours.
Myrna

Old 03-19-2005, 11:13 AM   #7
(female)

arkansas_tracy HB User

Peachjam you are in my prayers and thoughts for your surgery monday. May God bless and you watch over you.. I did something last night that I normally don't do, I cleaned up my mom's room for her. She works graveyard shift and hardley has anytime do nothing.. That was a way I doing something. Being off from work is sooo hardd, I am used to working everydayyyyy and be able to talk to be people... Today my back is killing me of course I knew it would happen..hehehe.. but the little things is what matters the most in our lives. Just what you said, things could be alot worse.. Again I will thinking about you Monday.. Mine days are numbered too before surgery.. Have a wonderful day... And don't worry the Lord will be right with you Monday..Tracy!

Last edited by arkansas_tracy; 03-19-2005 at 11:16 AM.

Closed Thread