It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
(female)

rebel_forever33 HB User
How is everyone today :angel:

Hello,
how is everyone doing today. Ive been in bed for most of day and thought I would come and say hay, and God bless. I love this sight so much imfo. If anyone has advise for after or befor multi level fusion surgey please reply.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User
Re: How is everyone today :angel:

Glad you got up to say hi to us. Need to stir about a bit, huh? Well, best advice I can give you is to take things very slow when recovering and do absolutely only what the doc tells you that you can do. List of "do not's" makes it hard the first few weeks, as we are all so used to doing for ourselves. Still, our families understand and we just have to let them get things for us, let them drive the first weeks until the doc says you can drive short distances, and absolutely do NOT bend the back, squat or lift anything more than a couple of pounds. Most full purses weigh more than that now, so I shorted the strap and hung it on the inside of my walker. Oh yes, use the walker as long as the doc tells you, and if you are in a bad weather area with lots of snow or ice, use it until it is safe to be out without it. Better to be a little slower and be safe.

Finally, talk with the doc and make sure you take pain meds when hurting. My doc says he wanted me to take them even if I wasn't hurting as much as before the surgery. He insists that if I'm hurting my mucles cannot relax and therefore cannot heal well. So, take those meds, and if yours are real strong and you are concerned about that, talk with the doc about pain patches for putting directly overthe pain site.

Know you are ready for relief from the pain. Best wishes for a totally successful surgery and we look forward to hearing good news from you soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2005, 04:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

My day went pretty well. I woke up hurting in my mid back, which wasn't great, but the areas that used to hurt before my two level fusion in December are still doing well. I no longer wake up needing my husband to rub my low back before I can get out of bed. He rubbed that area, so that helped. The rest of the day went pretty good. I wish you all the best with your upcoming surgery. Def dont chase your pain after. Take your pain meds the minute you can. If you put them off and have too much pain the meds may take a long time to help.

Old 03-19-2005, 06:08 AM   #4
(female)

Valley HB User
Talking Re: How is everyone today :angel:

Hi, I agree with Mel, take your pain meds as soon as you can, don't wait until you are really in pain, best to keep it in check. Take it easy and don't over do, let someone else wait on you. I am doing great, woke up a little stiff, but getting up and moving about helps that. Have a great day, Valley

Old 03-19-2005, 10:00 AM   #5
(female)

Better Late HB User

Hi All!
I Just Sneaked Out Of Bed For A Moment While My Hubby Was Out, Since The Dr Ordered Strict Bedrest Since Monday Evening. (except Bathroom). Hope Everyone Is Having A Good Day Today. I'm Still In Quite A Bit Of Pain At Night Especially, Hoping To Reach Dr For Something To Just Put Me Out So I Can Get A Full Night's Sleep. The Daytime I Can Handle, It's The Nights That Are A Killer. I Am 15 Days Post 2 Level 360 Fusion. Anyone Else Where I Am With This Problem? Help!!!!!

Closed Thread