It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2005, 09:02 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Exclamation Thought I messed up BIGTIME! today!!!

Hi guys....Well, I thought I messed up BIGTIME!!! today... I was in the kitchen this afternoon, and there was something sticky on the floor, so I took one of those clorox wipes and put it on the floor and was using my foot to wipe up the floor, I suppose I stepped wrong, because my foot slipped forward, and I knew I was going down, when my foot slipped out in front of me, my back immediately jerked, and as it jerked, I felt the worst popping feeling, and it made the most horrible cracking noise I have ever heard.... as I started to fall I turned to miss my kitchen table so my head wouldn't hit it and went down on my left knee first and then the rest of the way to the floor, as I hit the floor it knocked the wind out of me... my partner was in the laundry room, and she immediately ran to me, but it made me so dizzy and such that I just kept telling her to just let me lay there a minute and to just leave me alone... after a few minutes I was able to sit up and she got me a cold cloth to put on my face because I was pale and broke out in a cold sweat...so then she finally helped me to the bed so I could lay down....she kept asking me if I wanted to go to the ER.... and I kept telling her no, I didnt think I needed to do that......I didn't hurt badly right away....but I was really nauseated.....now after a few hours I have really stiffened up.....and have been hurting something terribly.... have been laying on a heating pad.. and will take my Zanaflex and Methadone before I go to bed...will give it a few days, if not getting any better I will call my doctor or try to get in to see them...Hopefully I just jerked it really good... and it will be better after some rest , heat and ice...and meds...but thats how my weekend has started...So much for my own ignorance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2005, 09:12 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User
Re: Thought I messed up BIGTIME! today!!!

Hi,

You might should look at your insurance policy. Some have a 48 hr limit for "accidents" and this would be totally separate from your original surgery. Perhaps you need to try to reach your doc and explain what happened. If you can't and are still feeling the effects tomorrow or get worse, you should consider going to the ER for an X-ray to make sure you didn't do further damage. Hope the ice, pain meds and rest will let you feel better in the AM.

Old 03-18-2005, 09:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I hope all is okay!!!!! Let us know how you feel tomorrow!

Old 03-18-2005, 09:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

I am so sorry you fell like you did, reading your post I can almost feel the pain from it . I really don't know what I would of done as I always thought Heat was the best thing. But now I have been in PT for awhile I have learned heat will cause it to swell, but Ice can cause pain. I Pray you'll at least call and let your Doctor know what happened.
When I came home, I stepped on a sippy cup and pulled my back trying not to fall, and from that experience (which is nothing compared to what you did) I called my Surgeon and let him know, he had to take Xrays to check the Screws and Rods. He appriciated my call and said if anything like that happens again to call and let him know day or Night.
I Pray you will call him soon.
Let us know how your doing, I gotta feeling you could still end up in the ER tonight, But I hope not, I would rather know your getting some rest than sitting for hours in a ER waiting room.
I thank God your partner was there for you!
Again, I am so Sorry.
Stardust

Old 03-18-2005, 10:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

Hi here
I am sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you are starting to feel better. If not you need to call your doc, better to check things out if you feel somethings not right. You can usually tell in your gut if something is wrong.
shelley

Old 03-18-2005, 11:26 PM   #6
(female)

soaplady HB User

It sounds like you really could have messed up something from how hard you fell. I wouldn't wait too long, and would go to the ER if need be. It certainly can't hurt if you can't see the doc right away. I hope it works out ok, and it gets better soon.

Old 03-19-2005, 07:25 AM   #7

vickic HB User

Oh my! How scary that must have been for you! Please seek medical attention if your symptoms don't improve. I hope everything is okay.

Old 03-19-2005, 07:42 AM   #8
(male)

CONCERNED 2 HB User

GOOD MORN'N
HOPEFULLY YOU FEEL BETTER TODAY!!!!

Old 03-19-2005, 12:06 PM   #9
(female)

arkansas_tracy HB User

I am so sorry to hear what happen to you.. I hope you get to feeling better.. You will be in my prayers.. Tracy

Old 03-19-2005, 05:55 PM   #10
(female)

diva78 HB User

Well you haven't posted all day so I hope that you are feeling better and are out and enjoying the day. But you could also be in the hospital. If its the latter....I hope that you are being well taken care of. I think we all know what its like to live with back pain and its not a bowl of cherries with a fresh injury pain. I am so sorry that you are going through all of this and I am so grateful that you have a partner there with you taking good care of you and giving you the support that you need. Please let us all know how you are doing and how your spirits are. We are all eager to hear from you......

Old 03-19-2005, 09:37 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rhonni HB User

Rose, don't panic. I fell too and did the whole jerk thing and heard the pop etc. It does shock the back a little and cause some anxiety, but you'll probably be ok (I hope).

You're doing the right thing. Give it a day or two and then call the doc if you don't start feeling better. But try to put it out of your mind. Tensing up over it can cause some pain as well.

I think if you polled us, you'd find that many of us have fallen after our surgery.

I started a new job a couple weeks ago and was standing at a cabinet and fell into my co-worker and down we BOTH went That was my SECOND fall. This foot with no feeling is sure giving me trouble.

Old 03-20-2005, 08:49 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

OK, NOW I am getting worried, you haven't posted since the fall. I Pray you are ok and in good hands.
Let us know something wherever you can.
Thanks,
Stardust

Old 03-20-2005, 09:56 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

Hi TxWild Rose
We are all looking for a little post from you to know that you are o.k.
I hope you are just resting and that things are fine. Please get back to us soon.
shelley

Old 03-20-2005, 11:30 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User

Hi Guys....First I want to say, Thank you all for letting me know you were thinking about me....as for the fall..... I am still quite sore, and having a hard time moving around, but I think it is just the shock of the fall that has me so stiff....I called and left a message for my doctor just so they will know what happened...I am sure they will call me tomorrow if they feel concerned.....I have been trying to get up every so often and walk through the house a bit so I don't get so stiff I can't stand to move at all.... been taking my muscle relaxers and pain meds....so they make me sleep...did wake up during the night with my back and legs hurting pretty badly and my right leg was dead it was so numb....but that is typical... Anyway, just wanted to post and let ya'll know how I am doing, and again Thank all of you for letting me know you were concerned... makes me feel good..... I am being very well cared for.. my partner is like a mother hen.... LOL! just kidding... im lucky in that respect.....Well, Ya'll enjoy your weekend.... and Take Care....

Old 03-20-2005, 12:39 PM   #15
(female)

diva78 HB User
Cool Re: Thought I messed up BIGTIME! today!!!

Whew! Glad to hear from you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will recover from this in the best possible way. You are doing all the right things....and hopefully you'll hear from your doctor tomorrow. I would suggest getting an MRI if the pain keeps up....you never know...you might have caused additional damage and its better to know now rather than find out later. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...wishing you good thoughts for today.....

Closed Thread