It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Unhappy ?

I was doing some reading on cervical issues and treatment and all of a sudden got the feeling this is all wrong. Of course, I just read what one popular spinal website wrote, but, jeeze, maybe you all can tell me if I should worry that things weren't done "right"?
See, it said that I am not supposed to take any pain meds the day of the procedure. Well, I sure did!
It also said that the injections, set of three, should be done two to three weeks apart. I had two, one on each side of my neck in one sitting (should be one, they considered it TWO injections) back in October. It seemed to help. I had my lumbar fusion and then it came back. I had my last ESI on Wed and I can't have anymore. I won't go in to my dr right now, I have another thread about this too, but I just can't shake the feeling all this was done the WRONG way!!!!!! I am freaking out now, really, I don't know if I can go back to work of ANY kind!!!

Old 03-18-2005, 09:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User
Re: ?

Hi Mel
It 's me the one that shares that boat with you, you know the one without the paddle LOL. Anyway, although my MRI's showed obvious tears in the 4-5 and 5-6 with a herniation, it was not enough to make my doc say oh wow that is it. You know the drill ...MRI..Injec..wait...wait..wait then disco. then uh oh there it is. Keep pressing. You know your body better then a doc who is just starting to see you. You need to not give up,see a different doc if you have to.
shelley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2005, 07:40 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

Don't get zoned out in a panic. Don't know why they considered it two injections, as more than one needle is used when I get the single injections. Maybe what is considered is the strength and amount that is injected. A good question for you to ask.

Also, your lumbar fusion was fairly recent, so that may be playing into the count of how many injections you can have. The surgery certainly has your body in a turmoil so give everything reasonable time to work. Your body has been through a lot, and everything else is trying to compensate as well. Try your best to focus on the positive side and know that Mel is right andn that if things don't seem their best, maybe it is time to check out another doc for an opinion on your problem.

Hope you have a better day today.

[QUOTE=mel1977]I was doing some reading on cervical issues and treatment and all of a sudden got the feeling this is all wrong. Of course, I just read what one popular spinal website wrote, but, jeeze, maybe you all can tell me if I should worry that things weren't done "right"?
See, it said that I am not supposed to take any pain meds the day of the procedure. Well, I sure did!
It also said that the injections, set of three, should be done two to three weeks apart. I had two, one on each side of my neck in one sitting (should be one, they considered it TWO injections) back in October. It seemed to help. I had my lumbar fusion and then it came back. I had my last ESI on Wed and I can't have anymore. I won't go in to my dr right now, I have another thread about this too, but I just can't shake the feeling all this was done the WRONG way!!!!!! I am freaking out now, really, I don't know if I can go back to work of ANY kind!!![/QUOTE]

Old 03-19-2005, 10:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

well, I think I will find a pain clinic, call the spine doc and get ahold of the long term dis folks and see what I should do. My biggest concern is work, I am doubting that I will be ready in two weeks. That is the worst thing. Thanks for the support though, trying to stay upbeat and hopeful.

Old 03-19-2005, 10:25 AM   #5
(male)

tracer HB User
Lightbulb Re: ?

i can surley relate after my surgery i felt somthing was wrong and with my pain level i went to doctor with my concerns and was told it was all normal i should have been back to work 3 weeks ago now and the doctor is just agreeing with me that somthing is wrong,or maybe they just waited to long.but if u feel somthing is wrong let ur doc know,i did let my doc know althogh i fell on death ears.good luck and god bless u all ,,tracer

Closed Thread