It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2005, 07:11 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

dazedandconfused1 HB User
help with mri results

multilevel ddd with disc space narrowing and marginal spurring at c3 c4 c5 c6 levels and again most pronouced at c5 c6 with bulging disc spur complexes and uncinate spurring at c2 c3 mild degenerative narrowing of foramen c3 c4 mild deg.foramen narrowing bilaterally. c4 c5 bulging disc spur complexes more pronouced on left with associated moderate left and mild right foramen narrowing. c5 c6 bulging disc spur complexes more on left moderate left foramen narrowing mild left central canal narrowing . impression advanced degenerative changes at c4 c5 c5 c6with associated foramen narrowing ,especially left at these two levels slight left sided central canal narrowing at c5 c6 sorry this is long

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2005, 10:14 PM   #2
(female)

soaplady HB User
Re: help with mri results

I'm sorry your MRI results came back with so many things. I'm not able to help you personally, but I would suggest perhaps your physical therapist could help you interpret the results (if you have one). Mine went over my report, and used the skeletal dummy to show me exactly where and what it meant. Or, perhaps if you have a good ortho doc who is willing to take the time to explain (mine did not). Lastly, perhaps the radiologist who wrote your MRI results could help.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2005, 12:30 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

multilevel ddd with disc space narrowing and marginal spurring at c3 c4 c5 c6 levels and again most pronouced at c5 c6

[COLOR=Magenta]Degenerative disc disease. Don't let the name scar you, it comes with age. It is part of the natural aging process.[/COLOR]

with bulging disc

[COLOR=Magenta]That means that one of your discs is bulging. It is like when you have a balloon or a tire and it gets weak in one spot. Not everyone who has bulges have pain and not everyone with pain have bulges. It is a crap shoot. Nerves have to be involved to have pain.[/COLOR]

spurring at c2 c3/spur complexes

[COLOR=Magenta]arthritis[/COLOR]

mild degenerative narrowing of foramen c3 c4 mild deg.foramen narrowing bilaterally.

[COLOR=Magenta]That one you have to look up.[/COLOR]

impression advanced degenerative changes at c4 c5 c5 c6with associated foramen narrowing

[COLOR=Magenta]This is a sign of aging if you are 30 or over. They may send you for an EMG next. That tests your nerves. It doens't read like you have anything impinging on your nerves, though.

good luck,[/COLOR]

Old 03-21-2005, 02:27 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dazedandconfused1 HB User

i had a emg and a somatosensory evoked response of upper limbs not sure what results are because i have alot of pain numbness tingling and more .results are wave forms could not be clearly identifed on right side on the left erbs point and n 13 are identified but n 20 is absent abnormal study suggesting bilateral dysfunction is in the large fiber somatosensory pathways. sers for lower limbs 2 trials performed the cortical response was not obtained on either side abnormal study suggesting bilateral dysfuntion in the large fiber somatosensory pathways. auditory brain stem evoked response on right side wave v was delayed as were interpeak latencies abnormal study suggesting right brain stem dysfunction have no idea what this means

Closed Thread