It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2005, 03:03 PM   #1
(male)

ajd HB User
has Anyone On The Boards

HAS ANYBODY ON THE BOARDS HAD AN SI JOINT DYSFUNCTION AND UNDERGONE PROLOTHERAPY OR SURGERY TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM AND HAD A SUCCESS I AM JUST ANXIOUS TO KNOW BECAUSE I DONT SEE MANY ON HERE WITH A SI SUCCESS STORY PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS IT IS A POSSIBLE PAIN FACTOR OF MY OWN AND I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THERES LIFE AFTER AN SI JOINT DYSFUNCTION.

Last edited by ajd; 03-20-2005 at 03:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2005, 05:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: has Anyone On The Boards

I had success with Prolo until I re-injured myself. I am going back for more Prolo.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2005, 10:31 PM   #3
(female)

soaplady HB User
Re: has Anyone On The Boards

AJD- I posted on this subject before (I wrote something to you on the who can do injections thread about my SI symptoms). I am very new at this since I just started treatment in January. I injured myself last October when I fell directly on my lower back where the SI joint is. I fell hiking on a very steep mountain, going downhill. Slipped on wet leaves. This was after hiking for over four hours straight, so I was pretty worn out when I fell.

I was surprised to find out what an issue this is to get treatment. My PT is the one who has done the best job in dx this. The docs I have are just worthless at this point. It's very frustrating to have them discount the pain you know very well is real. I think treating this is different for everyone, just as other back pain is different for everyone. At first, for me, it was simple. I fell, I hurt my back, I have pain, it's real. Some disorders do not show up on certain tests, so you do those tests to rule out other issues. Why some docs don't get it and want to blow you off is beyond me. If I broke my arm, I would get it casted. If I broke my leg, I would get it casted, also. I never had a back injury before. It's not so easy.

I hate to say this, but I am starting to believe that this SI joint problem will be an issue for me forever. If the ligaments are permanently stretched out, and I already know the arthritis is already in the facet joints, then I know I will have most likely have to deal with this a long time b/c arthritis doesn't just go away. I have to find the right doctor. Some days will be better than others regarding pain.

I'm having gyn surgery in two weeks, so I am hoping taking care of these issues will help my pain. I think hormones also play a huge part on the pain in the joints. At least for me, my back hurts alot worse for about one week/month. The joint is really super irritated then.

Keep us posted!

Closed Thread