It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2005, 05:34 PM   #1
(female)

croppingmom HB User
lower back pain

About 21/2 years ago I hurt my lower back, after a month of pain and the fact I was holding my breath to walk I went to see a Chiropractor. I found out my pelvis was 9cm out of wach causing the pain. After going through a couple of months of treatment I was back to normal. Since then I have gone 1 a month just to stay aligned. Well the last two weeks I have terrible back pain only when I walk. I am going back to see the Chiropractor in the morning but can anyone tell me something to relieve the pain. By this I mean stretches or something. I don't like to take alot of meds although I just took some Aleve. Thanks

Old 03-20-2005, 07:24 PM   #2
(female)

soaplady HB User
Re: lower back pain

Hi, we have been talking a bit about chiropractors in the *who can do injections* thread, as I have been told to see one from a PM doc. For me, I started with the ortho doc, the PT, the PM, and now the chiro

Be careful with the chiros....they can help at first, but somehow, you end up having to keep coming back. I would try and find a good ortho MD or OD to order perhaps an MRI, and perhaps see a PT. PT's are better qualified, I think, to help you, than the chiro. My PT has been the only one who I trust at this point for accurate dx.

HTH

Take care, and I hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2005, 05:27 AM   #3
(female)

Valley HB User
Thumbs down Re: lower back pain

Hi, have you seen a spine doctor and had a MRI? if not then you need to be careful about chiropractors, they can make matters worse, their x-rays don't show what a MRI can. I had problems walking too, and I ended up having a 2 level fusion with cages. I had gone to chiropractors for years, and never did get better. So, be careful. Valley

Old 03-21-2005, 05:56 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
Re: lower back pain

I agree with the other posters. I actually went to a chiropractor who wouldn't touch my back because he said that if your pain goes into your legs it could actualy make matters worse Also....I have two friends that have told me that going to a chiropractor only provided tempoary relief in which they had to continually go for adjustments and the only one really feeling better was the chiropractor himself So, do be careful before going to one.......Goody

Closed Thread