I had my disco last Monday and then saw my doc the same week , my surgery is not for 2 months, because of my work schedule. When I had my lumbar disco, I had my f/u with my doc the same day and scheduled surgery the next month. Hope this helps.
for me, appx two weeks. Had to be changed b/c one of the assisting drs was out of town on the original surgery date. It all depends on when your follow up is after the discogram and when the dr has a opening available.
My Surgeons Calender was open, so I could of had it right away, but usually 2 weeks if there not booked up, so you have time to get your tests done, EKG, Blood Workup, X-Rays, Etc.
I requested Feb 2nd, it was 30 days from the Disco, so I could get the house ready etc.
Also, my last 2 surgeries I had to wait hours in holding, the last ESI I had was for 11am and I didn't get in until 6pm. I almost walked out. So I requested to be his first patient of the day.
I still had a 45 minute- 1 hour wait due to a Meeting the Doc was in and it ran overtime.
If possible request an opening when you can be his first patient of the day, this way you also have more time to rest afterwards and be more prepared for when they get you up and walking the next day.
When I had my disco's with this doc, the staff always gave me an appointment time for a few days later before I left the surgery center where the test was done. Never had to wait more than 2 weeks and that was because they called to reschedule when he was out of town for a family emergency.
Glad your test is soon and as you say you can get on with recovery. That's the attitude girl! Will keep you in my prayers and hope to hear your results soon.
I think the ns will be prompt in his decision, and I'm already planning for the down time both at the ofc & home.
Of course I will let you know the schedule as I come to know ~
I now know the disco @ 6a on the 31st. Would have been sooner but the only doc I could get to do it (and would let touch me) is out of the ofc until the 30th and he required posession of my hx for 24hrs prior. I guess I'm lucky I see him so soon after his return. I also know from the Rx that he'll only do the level above & below fusion which I'm sure is need to know. I'm not looking forward to this dance @ the disco parlor but at the same time am thankful - I think I've finally found a Dr who knows his stuff AND that I feel confident in and comfortable with. In all of my other surgeries and ailments never have had a disco, another reason I have a NEW Dr.
I think I'm not so much scared of the test it'self....just the PAIN thankfully as bad as it will probably be w/my DDD hopefully it will be brief. I think I'm most concerned with what the results will show and mean a one level as I hope or a two or three
Thanks again to each of you ~
for reading, caring & replying
So glad the doc is going to see you so quickly upon his return. Thankfully, it really isn't so far off. I'm glad you have found someone that gives you the confidence to proceed with the test and will be anxiously waiting to hear the results. Take care and enjoy sitting out in that sunshine all you can.
I had mine Thursday. I fully undertstand you being torn it's a hard decision but invaluable information it yields for your Dr.
I may not be the best one to ask right now. You can read my experience on the thread titled "BionicWitch" Now, PLEASE do not let my experience scare you. I had a bad one. I will tell you this - INSIST on some level of sedation. Are you already scheduled for one, are you having surgery?