It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2005, 12:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Surgery after Disco

To those of you who have had a disco & subsequent fusion (or other surgery) out of curiosity, how long after the disco (if it was positive of course) did you finally get scheduled for surgery.

I should be having my disco in a few days.

I am SO ready to have surgery and start recovery AGAIN, I'm anxious to get this on and over with.

Thanks you guys

Your the BEST!

Bionic

Old 03-21-2005, 06:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User
Re: Surgery after Disco

Hi there
I had my disco last Monday and then saw my doc the same week , my surgery is not for 2 months, because of my work schedule. When I had my lumbar disco, I had my f/u with my doc the same day and scheduled surgery the next month. Hope this helps.
shellley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2005, 07:11 AM   #3
(female)

rowboat HB User

My disco is scheduled for tomorrow, and my follow up isn't until April 15, so I can't imagine they will schedule surgery quickly. Although I'm hoping if it's bad enough, they'll move it up!!

Good luck!

Becky

Old 03-21-2005, 07:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Thanks to each of you

Becky, we will keep you in our thoughts tomorrow

~ Let me know how it goes & what to expect

Bionic

Last edited by Bionicwan; 03-21-2005 at 07:29 AM.

Old 03-21-2005, 09:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

for me, appx two weeks. Had to be changed b/c one of the assisting drs was out of town on the original surgery date. It all depends on when your follow up is after the discogram and when the dr has a opening available.

Old 03-21-2005, 02:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Thanks Mel,

I do remember your time frame now that you say...Hope your nice & settled in your new place - don't see you on as much anymore.

Hugs,
Bionic

Old 03-21-2005, 02:52 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

thanks-I know, I am not here as much. I have been busy, plus we didnt' have internet after the move for a few weeks. THAT sucked by the way. I am doing pretty good now though.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:07 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

My Surgeons Calender was open, so I could of had it right away, but usually 2 weeks if there not booked up, so you have time to get your tests done, EKG, Blood Workup, X-Rays, Etc.
I requested Feb 2nd, it was 30 days from the Disco, so I could get the house ready etc.
Also, my last 2 surgeries I had to wait hours in holding, the last ESI I had was for 11am and I didn't get in until 6pm. I almost walked out. So I requested to be his first patient of the day.
I still had a 45 minute- 1 hour wait due to a Meeting the Doc was in and it ran overtime.
If possible request an opening when you can be his first patient of the day, this way you also have more time to rest afterwards and be more prepared for when they get you up and walking the next day.
Stardust

Old 03-22-2005, 12:13 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Thanks StarDust,

I will ask to be his 1st case if for no other reason exactly what you said.
I have been lucky in that I have been 1st on each of my previous surgeries.

Thanks & I hope your doing ok today

Bionic

Old 03-22-2005, 09:57 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

BW,

When I had my disco's with this doc, the staff always gave me an appointment time for a few days later before I left the surgery center where the test was done. Never had to wait more than 2 weeks and that was because they called to reschedule when he was out of town for a family emergency.

Glad your test is soon and as you say you can get on with recovery. That's the attitude girl! Will keep you in my prayers and hope to hear your results soon.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:15 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Thank you QuietCook
a.k.a
Bionic Queen

I think the ns will be prompt in his decision, and I'm already planning for the down time both at the ofc & home.

Of course I will let you know the schedule as I come to know ~

I now know the disco @ 6a on the 31st. Would have been sooner but the only doc I could get to do it (and would let touch me) is out of the ofc until the 30th and he required posession of my hx for 24hrs prior. I guess I'm lucky I see him so soon after his return. I also know from the Rx that he'll only do the level above & below fusion which I'm sure is need to know. I'm not looking forward to this dance @ the disco parlor but at the same time am thankful - I think I've finally found a Dr who knows his stuff AND that I feel confident in and comfortable with. In all of my other surgeries and ailments never have had a disco, another reason I have a NEW Dr.

I think I'm not so much scared of the test it'self....just the PAIN thankfully as bad as it will probably be w/my DDD hopefully it will be brief. I think I'm most concerned with what the results will show and mean a one level as I hope or a two or three

Thanks again to each of you ~
for reading, caring & replying
Bionic

Last edited by Bionicwan; 03-22-2005 at 01:18 PM.

Old 03-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

BW,

So glad the doc is going to see you so quickly upon his return. Thankfully, it really isn't so far off. I'm glad you have found someone that gives you the confidence to proceed with the test and will be anxiously waiting to hear the results. Take care and enjoy sitting out in that sunshine all you can.

Old 04-02-2005, 08:55 AM   #13

BlessingsGalore HB User
Post Re: Surgery after Disco

Tell me about the DISCO......................I understand they are the worst thing in the world.......................people saying they would NEVER EVER DO THEM AGAIN.

I'm headed for one.

How was your DISCO ?

Thanks a bunch.......................I'm scared out of my mind. Need help, but do not think I can go through with that. I'm very torn down after being chronically ill for years.

HELP !

Old 04-02-2005, 09:43 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

I had mine Thursday. I fully undertstand you being torn it's a hard decision but invaluable information it yields for your Dr.

I may not be the best one to ask right now. You can read my experience on the thread titled "BionicWitch" Now, PLEASE do not let my experience scare you. I had a bad one. I will tell you this - INSIST on some level of sedation. Are you already scheduled for one, are you having surgery?

Please keep us posted
BW

Closed Thread