It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2005, 09:34 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
I think I decided....

Instead of driving myself crazy over this whole dr and neck thing, I am going to just go with the flow. I will just wait and see what happens. I will start work and see how much pain I have; part of me thinks that the injection might be working, atleast a little bit. So, I will see how bad it gets when I go back to work. That way I will also have a better idea of my pain levels, instead of speculating right now. I do still want the ultrasound and massage though.
I am feeling pretty darn good where my fusion is concerned though. Minor pains these days, sometimes I need a percocet, but I am finding I can take one then not another all day, or not until bedtime when I then take the lower dose. I will carry them with me until I am sure I don't need them.
I still have about three weeks before I get another xray and send it off to my dr in NV. Then he will let me know if the stimulator and brace can come off for good. So, things are going okay. I think the new birth control pill I am on is what made me gain the twelve pounds in less than two months. I am going to stop taking it and go back to what I had been taking previously. I am doing my aerobics almost every day too, and that makes me feel good.
I hope everyone is doing okay, sorry I haven't been on much. I find that I don't have much advice in my head right now for others. Just know I wish everyone the best!

Old 03-22-2005, 08:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User
Re: I think I decided....

Mel,

Glad you are going to try starting work and most of all that there might be some relief with the injection. Healing from the fusion and giving yourself time is a good move and of course you have our wishes for many better days ahead of you. You have your hands full dealing with doctors in two states.

We all know that when we go through any major surgery, it truly takes a minimum of 6 months, and most often closer to a year for our bodies to recover. When you've been dealing with the extreme pain that we have, I figure a year minimum, but don't ignore any new problems.

Glad you figure out what was causing the weight gain. I would go out and celebrate for you, but I don't need to add any weight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2005, 08:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: I think I decided....

and to think I almost ordered the fried brownie with icecream and whip cream for dessert after dinner tonight! DUH
I did call the drs office today and left a message that I want him to write a script for massage therapy and ultrasound. I had some more pain today, but I was a little tense and it was crappy weather too. We'll see. I figure that I will have to evaluate my pain once I am at work again. I know if I need to take a break and lie down in a ADL room for a few I can. That is the one good thing about working for a hospital-They understand when it comes to healing from major surgery. I have that atleast working for me, plus they all know me and have for many many years. I am lucky to have support not only at home but at work too. I still don't have a start date yet, still hoping for April 1, or around there. It will be nice to have regular insurance again too, not COBRA. If I get into LPN school, I will work maybe part time, and they have okay'd that already. But, we'll have to see. I need to really focus on school. My health, school, then work as far as pecking order (family is right there with health). I have been doing my aerobics along with ab work now for about four days. I have to make sure I dont jump around, but I do work up quite the sweat. It is horrible when I take my brace off though-you'd think I had been sitting in a tub from the waist up to my boobs-my tshirt is SOAKED. But, it does feel so good to get up and moving. I just really really wish I could take some Motrin. I go somedays thinking I don't need any percs, then days like today, I had to take three! I have to remember, just b/c I have hit the three month mark, that doesn't mean all pains should be gone by now. I have to remember, a year to eighteen months, give or take. I can't wait to get my next set of xrays though!

Closed Thread