It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2005, 06:07 AM   #1
(female)

rowboat HB User
I'm getting pretty scared!

Hi all. I'm leaving in 2 hours to go for my disco. The more I hear, the more freaked out I get. First the nurse told me I could be in recovery for 4 hours. Then I get the paperwork on it and it says I should plan to be at the hospital for 6-7 hours and the test can take 1-3. Then I saw my family doc yesterday and he said that some people don't feel anything with this test and others say it feels like their back is being torn apart. Stress anyone? Plus, I feel guilty that my poor hubby has to sit there and wait. He hates hospitals.

Thanks for letting me get this out. Keep me in your thoughts today!

Becky

Last edited by rowboat; 03-22-2005 at 06:07 AM.

Old 03-22-2005, 06:17 AM   #2
(female)

Valley HB User
Smile Re: I'm getting pretty scared!

Hi, I had one in December, and I was pretty scared too, but it wasn't as bad as I imagined, hopefully yours won't be either. It was no fun, but I made it through and you will too. Valley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2005, 08:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User
Re: I'm getting pretty scared!

Oh I am sure you have already left
I hope everything goes well and I am sorry I did not post a good luck to you before you left. Just know when you read this that I was thinking about you when you were there. Let us know when you get back how you are.
shelley

Old 03-22-2005, 08:13 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

Rowboat,

Hope all the scary part is over now and you are doing well in recovery. May your time at the hospital be much shorter than the paperwork showed. The big thing to remember when you get those notices about procedures, they write them geared toward the worst people experience, while the majority go extremely better. They have to do this to protect themselves and their facilities from those extremest who would seek legal action if it took them an hour longer to get out of there.

I hope your disco goes as well as mine have gone. My doc lightly sedates me until ready to test the individual levels and wakes me just to get my response to pain levels, then I'm back to sleep while he completes the lidocaine injections and they get to recovery for a short visit. I may hurt to the extreme for those brief seconds when the levels are tested, but have been fortunate enough to get some relief from the lidocaine for a few hours to a few days. Hope your doc does that and you can enjoy some pain free time.

Will be thinking of you today and wishing you the best. Hope the disco gives you the answers your doctor needs and hope you will keep us up to date. Hubby will handle the hospital okay as he can chat with others in the waiting area and not have to endure any discomfort.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I hope it went well, I was there maybe a total of three hours, pre and post. Let us know how you did as soon as you are able

Old 03-22-2005, 03:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Becky,

I'm also sorry I didn't see your post before you went..... hoping your worrying beforehand was the worse and that the test wasn't too difficult for you.

Hope your home now resting & comfy
Maybe you'll be like QC and get some relief from the lidocaine too!

Gentle Hugs ~
Bionic

Closed Thread