It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2005, 07:43 PM   #1
(male)

Flockhead HB User
Has this ever happened to you?

I have a herniated disc in my lumbar spine, I have the typical leg pain, foot tingling, and back pain. I have had this problem for over a year, and have noticed that the symptoms seem to be getting worse, but something very strange happened last nite.

I was watching a Friends rerun with my wife last nite and laughed out loud at one point. When I did it felt as though someone squeezed my lumbar spine very hard for a few seconds, the pain was very intense and localized then gradually went away.

Oh and while I am asking questions, sometimes my lumbar spine area gets very swollen and extra sensitive. Anyone know what causes that?

Has something like that ever happened to any of you? if so what is it indicative of?

Thanks in advance for any help with these questions.

Old 03-23-2005, 12:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Re: Has this ever happened to you?

Flockhead,

Maybe it's spasms causing the wierd feeling and inflamation causing the pressure & swelling?

What type of treatment is you Dr doing w/you so far?

I really don't have any solid answers for you, sorry

Bionic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2005, 02:41 AM   #3
(male)

Flockhead HB User
Re: Has this ever happened to you?

I am in between Dr.s right now, so I am just taking anti inflamatories, muscle relaxers and pain meds. In the past I did the pt, blocks, epidurals, pretty much everything cept surgery.

I do get back spasm's fairly often usually once a month, generally they are brought on by sitting for an extended period of time, or standing for too long. Those spasms tend to last several days even with use of flexoril. The weirdest thing about the swelling is that it usually occurs when I am not having any spasms, but just having local disc pain. The swelling can be so pronounced that its sometimes visible.

The event where my laughter caused that sharp sudden pain was an isolated incident. I just didnt know if it was indicative of a change to or around my disc or just some weird coincidence.

Last edited by Flockhead; 03-23-2005 at 02:45 AM.

Closed Thread