It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
my turn!

Man, I took a serious nose dive tonight and am praying I didn't pull any flank muscles! I was giving our dogs (all five) biscuits. Well, two of the chihuahuas are in our dog room. In front of the room is a plastic cover that protects the carpet. I went to walk over it and my toe got caught. I went flying face first into the table about three feet away and I don't have any idea how I stopped. Either by hand or foot, I don't know. I made a big rucous though, I stood up kinda just stood there saying" uh, uh, uh", while my hubby is yelling" what happened? Are you okay? Hey! Are you okay?" finally I looked at him when he came running into the room and I just said" I don't know, I think so, did I hurt myself???" I was trying to decide if I needed to cry or not. I felt a little pain on my right flank, but nothing major. I am just afraid of pulling it or inflamming it since I can't take a inflammitory med and my dr is out of town til Monday. I am sure I am okay. I knew it was just a matter of time til I was posting that I fell or something. I have almost fallen down the stair case a few times though, my heart leaps out of my chest each time I get a scare too! I am sure I will tell you all later tomorrow that I am fine.
So, how is the mental picture????

Old 03-22-2005, 08:58 PM   #2
(female)

tammys HB User
Re: my turn!

Mel, I sure hope to read tomorrow that your doing ok!!! You need to be careful (I am sure I didn't have to tell you that). I'll be looking for a post from you tomorrow and will be praying tonight that you haven't done damage. Good Luck!!! Keep Smiling!!!

Tammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2005, 09:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

smiling til it hurts, or at least pretendin' to!!

Old 03-23-2005, 12:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Bless your heart Mel,

I am SURE at the very least it must have scared you (and your hubby)to death
I did the same thing a few weeks after my surgery - not 5 dogs though just one, a 130 lb Rott who THINKS he's a chihuahua. I caught him with my walker and it wasn't a pretty sight I ended up in the same UNladylike position as I was in surgery. I did no damage but boy was I sore for the next few days.
Hope this morning finds you fine and not sore or anything.
- BE CAREFUL GIRL!!!

Bionic

Last edited by Bionicwan; 03-23-2005 at 10:48 AM.

Old 03-23-2005, 06:01 AM   #5
(female)

Valley HB User
Arrow Re: my turn!

Oooh, Mel, please be careful! And that goes for everybody else. Valley

Old 03-23-2005, 11:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

Lucky for me no new pains and my aerobics went off w/o a hitch or lots of pain. I think I just scared myself more than anything. I have had many scares with all these pets. When it was just my chi and two cats, that was hard enough, but living with my mom now, we have three chis, two larger dogs and the two cats. I have many near falls or huge trips from them. Doesn't help that I trip over stuff anyway!

Closed Thread