It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2005, 04:07 AM   #1
(female)

Stageevie HB User
Less Post-Op Scar Tissue w/glue?

Good morning,

I am off for my microdiscectomy is a few hours, but I had a question. I was told in my pre-ops yesterday, that there is growing body of evidence that closing the surgurical wounds with glue (inside and out), instead of stitches, reduces the formation of scar tissue. Have any of you heard this? The neuroI will be using the durabond.

I was curious because so many people mention scar tissue problems. Did your surgeon use stitches/staples or glue?

Evie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 04:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Re: Less Post-Op Scar Tissue w/glue?

Evie,

I hope you get this before you have to leave.....

"GOOD LUCK" ~ we will ALL be thinking of you and sending you prayers for a successful surgery and smooth recovery.

as for your ? I had that used - my Dr stated it DID help reduce scar tissue!

see you soon - we will be waiting for your "I'm home" post.

BionicWitch

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User
Re: Less Post-Op Scar Tissue w/glue?

Evie, when they went in anterior approach several years ago that doc used the glue and I did fine. It was great not having to get staples or stitches pulled later. Of course, the lower layers were stiched with the dissolving type stiches.

The most recent surgery of course, being posterior and running from the upper shoulders to the absolute bottom of my umhhh was stapled because of the stress of just rolling out of bed. The staples came out at 2 1/2 weeks (usually less but I tend to pull apart so he leaves them in a little longer) and steri strips applied. Have never had problems with staples or stitches and while there is a twinge when some are removed, it isn't bad enough to get upset over.

I've never heard that the bond reduces scar tissue, but since scarring is a problem with me, the surgeons used Adcon-L on the back incision and the gel that is produced specifically for abdominal work in the front. Thank goodness they can recall the names because I have to keep looking it up. Hope that helps you.

Closed Thread