It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2005, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

minxie HB User
one month and counting....

Well, it's pretty much been a month sice i've been fused at l3,l4 area, had decompression at same area, removed 3 bone spurs and a bunch of cysts removed from my nerve ending. I got permission to drive three days ago and, of course, I over did it. But, it takes 30-40 minutes to get anywhere here. Anyway, i have a simple question.... i don't see my doc for folow uo until two more weeks. But, is it okay to kneel? Fortunately, i've managed to retain all the agility and limberness i've always had. I'm 51 and have coaching my daughter and her team from 5th grade until graduation in 2000. By my calculations, counting on my fingers, that's 8 eigh years. It's killing me not being able to bend or stretch out, etc. I am wearing the soft brace and that has helped me and awful lot but some times i just 'forget and bend down to look under the bed for the cat. I take 20mg of methadone in the morning and 20 more in the evening. Sometimes i am so much pain, i start to cry but I go in the BR to do it. I don't want my hubby to know. He has been so helpful and loving, i don't want to disappoint him. Well, this has turned into a ramble just find out if kneeling is safe and acceptable. I don't need to use my hands or anything for support... i just go down and up. anyway, thank you for bearing with me an i hope you all have a restful and pain free evening... luv to you all

Old 03-26-2005, 04:31 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User
Re: one month and counting....

Hi,

Glad you are fusing and doing well. I've had multiple fusions and your best bet is to call your doc since each has their own limits they want patients to abide by. Mine says not bending or stooping and no standing to vacuum, but tells me that if I can get to the floor and get up without bending the back, I can crawl on all fours in order to clean some things. That worked better when I had the three level fusions, but has not been easy to do with the 10 level fusion from Dec. So, I'm not getting down on all fours and cleaning nearly as much as I want to. Will just have to do a lot once I'm safely given the go ahead.

Please be careful and stop bending to look for the cat. Call hubby to do that for you. I understand that we sometimes forget, and I'm having to remind myself to get someone else to do certain things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2005, 05:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Re: one month and counting....

I agree with QC - maybe no bending or kneeling just yet especially since your pain level still gets quite high. It's hard, I know but go slow now and reap the benefits later!

BW

Closed Thread