It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2005, 04:07 AM   #1
(male)

rachelmc HB User
I think i over did it........

hi everyone ,
today i kicked a soccerball around with my little girl (when i say that i mean i stood in one spot and nudged the ball to her) not a fully fledged game.
Anyway i am now in horrific pain it goes from my lower back (where the fusion was done), into my left hip and down to my knee.
I have had a hot bath and taken my morphine tab as well as panadine forte , vallium and a muscle relaxer and none of it has helped.
Surley i havnt done any serious damage????
just hoping someone will have an answer weather it be advice or support.
thanks rachel

Old 03-27-2005, 05:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Re: I think i over did it........

Hi Rach,

Sounds like you've really pushed things Hopefully just muscular ...try to take it easy and keep up with the hot baths or try ice.

Bionic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2005, 01:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User

Rachel, So sorry you are hurting so much, have you tried ice, heat feels good at the time but induces swelling.Hope you can find relief soon and no damage done.
Linda

Old 03-27-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
(female)

blossom64 HB User

I'm in the same boat. If i move much at all I seem to go backwards. When did you have your fusion? Sorry you're hurting. Maybe you should call your Doc tomorrow> *hugs* Blossom

Old 03-27-2005, 03:36 PM   #5
(female)

tammys HB User

Rachel, Hopefully you haven't done any damage. Maybe it is just muscular and soreness. If your still hurting tomorrow, by all means, call your doctor. In the mean time try ice. Eventually you will be able to do things like that, but for now you need to take things easy so you do not reinjure your self.

Good Luck!!! Keep Smiling!!!

Tammy

Old 03-27-2005, 03:47 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

Rachel,

If you weren't truly kicking to the point that the ball bounced, you probably haven't done anything to damage the work. Imagine you utilized muscles more than any time since the surgery and it strained and tensed up your muscles on the leg that supported you while nudging the ball.

Maybe next time you could sit in a chair and push the ball off with your foot so as not to strain so much and yet play with your little girl. Know you want to stay involved, but you need to take little steps so as not to make things hurt so much.

The others gave good recommendations for getting some relief. Hope you are much batter tomorrow.

Old 03-27-2005, 04:07 PM   #7
(male)

rachelmc HB User

hi eveyone ,
still havnt had much relief but its been 23mnth scince my fusion and have done lots of physical stuff scine then (not really strenuous,) but my back still is the same as it was before fusion but with the added nerve damage and arthritis (maybe that has gone to my hip and leg?) ihave a dr appt tommorow will see then.
thanks rachel

Old 03-27-2005, 04:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

Hi my friend
I am sorry for the pain you are in on this Easter day . i went out last night and got easter outfits for the kids(remember I have 3) and Myself a very cute pink capri outfit for church today, I was going to go no matter what. We usually do not get to go, My husband is only off on Wed, and Sun and every other day he is up at 3am. So this morning it was pouring down and even snowed can you believe that here in Texas. So we decided to wait til the 11:00am service. Well we got everyone together and off we went , the snow was gone and it was 40 something degrees and no more rain. Anyway the church was standing room only and we were only able to stay 35 minutes and the kids were restless standing in the lobby so we headed home. But atleast we did go for a while and that felt good.
I sure wish you had some kind of options open for you from your doctor. Do you do any kind of PT? I just do not understand how there is nothing they are offering to you. Have they offered anything down the road to even be a possibility? I know how hard it is to not be able to do everything you want to do with your kids but remember they do love you. And although we are all brought here on this board for a common problem, it seems we all find a bond with each other and feel for each other when someone is having a harder time. I just want you to know I am saying a prayer for you today and hope that maybe something will come of your visit tomorrow with your doctor.
Take care.
shelley

Last edited by myspine; 03-27-2005 at 04:54 PM.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:06 PM   #9
Inactive

Casey5 HB User

Rachel,

When was your fusion done?

Casey

Old 03-28-2005, 12:22 AM   #10
(male)

rachelmc HB User

hi casey,
my fusion was done it may 2003 .
rachelmc

Old 03-28-2005, 01:25 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Hi Rach,

Hope your feeling a little better today?

saw you on, just wanted to say hi & send you hopes for a good day
BW

Old 03-28-2005, 06:55 PM   #12
Inactive

Casey5 HB User

Hi Rachel,

Oh, I am so glad to know you had your fusion in 2003. I was so worried you just had it a few months ago. You would be fused by now, so I doubt you did anything to that fusion. But if your pain continues, see your surgeon and have him check things out, hopefully it is not another disc.

Hope you feel better soon and everything is OK.
Casey

Old 03-29-2005, 03:49 AM   #13
(male)

rachelmc HB User

hi ,
i went back to dr today he says the arhritis has spread to my hip and left leg .
Im not sure how much i can take. It seems each week brings something else i have tried to be as physical as i can and exercise as much as possible (3 kids you cant sit on yr *** all the time)
he has upped the dosage of morphine and put me back on endone as well as tking the other tabs BUT i dont want to be dependant on it all.
thankyou to all who posted take care rachel

Closed Thread