It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2005, 05:58 AM   #1
(female)

NewLeaf HB User
Understanding Myelogram Terminology

Could someone explain some of this and if any of these problems will lead to any additional surgery. I am 3 weeks out of my Laminectomy of the L4-5. Thanks Leaf

L1-2 -There is not significant disk budge,disk herniation, cental stenosis or foraminal encroachment.

L2-3 -there is a far left posterolateral disk protrusion/osteophyte complex which may contact the existing left L2 nerve root. No other central stenosis or right foraminal encroachment is noted.

L3-4- Mild diffuse disk bulge is noted with not evidence of other central canal narrowing or foraminal enchrochment .Prominent degenerative changes are present involving the facets.

L4-5- There is a mild diffuse disk bulge with hypertrophic/degenerative changes present posteriorly. There is mild-to-moderate central canal stenosis with no evidence of foraminal encroachment

L5-S1 There is a minimal disk bulge. Degenerative changes are present involving the facets. There is no evidence of central stenosis or foraminal encroachment.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rhonni HB User
Re: Understanding Myelogram Terminology

A doctor would have to tell you for sure, but it seems that there are indicators for more surgery down the road. Botton line is, how you feel will determine whether there is more surgery down the road. Some people have all the same indicators and never have anything done about it at all. When the pain becomes unmanageable, you'll have your answer.

Can I ask? Why did you have a myelogram done only 3 weeks after your lami?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2005, 12:35 PM   #3
(female)

NewLeaf HB User

Sorry , I just had the surgery 3 weeks ago, I had the myelogram way before the surgery . Seems like the surgery helped the compressed nerve problem but have other symptoms, pains and continued back pain and was wondering what the L-2 nerve problems symptoms were? Maybe that is what my new symptoms are a compression of my L-2 nerve root...Leaf

Old 03-30-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
(female)

NewLeaf HB User

I was wondering since my myelogram talkes about Degenerative changes, is that saying that I have DDD? Leaf

Closed Thread