It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2005, 08:48 AM   #1
(female)

arkansas_tracy HB User
day 3 post-op

Heyyyyyyy!! Well, today is better, my soreness on the sides of my body is almost gone. The main part of where it hurts now is where he cut me...And I still can't sleep on my back,, which i normally don't sleep on my back but at times it is nice to roll over and sleep on it.. Can ya tell me when I might be able to start sleeping on my back and how it may be that the soreness will go away at my incesion? Just wondering.. Hope everybody is doing good this monday morning? And I wonder how rebel gurl is doing, the girl who left before I did Wed afternoon go have her surgery.. As I can remember she was 3 hours away from home.. I guess she will come and talk to us as soon as she can. Take it easy. Tracy

Last edited by arkansas_tracy; 03-28-2005 at 08:49 AM.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Re: day 3 post-op

Glad your not as sore

Take things slow & don't overdo!

We're very glad your home & recovering.

Bionic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2005, 10:45 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

Hi,

So good to hear that you are doing so well, but Bionic is right. Take things slow.

As for getting onto the back, try putting a pillow to you back and then when you feel like you need to roll over it is a lot softer than just the bed itself. That may help you with adjusting to the back and is certainly a lot easier on you if the back isn't ready for it. I'll be four months post op next week and I'm just beginning to stand being on my back for a short time but then I have a ton of hardware, so hope you won't be as long in adjusting.

Again, glad you are doing well.

Old 03-28-2005, 10:56 AM   #4
(female)

arkansas_tracy HB User

hey quiet!!! last night i tried to be put a pillow in my night gown on my back just to see if i could lie down with the pillow in my back.. but nope it hurt. so i took the pillow outta my gown and sleep on my side.. I am glad today the bad sworness is gone from sides it is just sore around my lower back and my incison site is swore. When I took a shower this morning i looked at the mirror. Kinda neat I would say. At the end of the incision that is where it is kinda swollen. TracyAutumn

Old 03-28-2005, 01:09 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

Just give it time. After all, the incision was a lot deeper than a scratch and muscles, etc got moved about. Be sure to watch the incision, especially for swelling and redness. If it gets red or more tender be sure to call your doc.

Closed Thread