It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2005, 03:38 PM   #1
(female)

Valley HB User
Unhappy So Sore Inside

Hi, I have noticed that I am so sore inside where my surgery was done, every movement is painful, I sit up quite a bit, and walk around in the house, am I overdoing it? It gets so tiresome staying in bed, even though it is just my hubby and me, it just feels so isolated. I have made 2 trips out to the doctors, and to eat. I am 4 weeks post-op, PLIF. Valley

Old 03-29-2005, 01:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Re: So Sore Inside

Hi Valley,

Sorry to hear your still so sore. I had a PLIF and I wasn't able to go out to eat as soon as you....I think your doing very well You may be overdoing things just a tad and your body''s probably objecting Hope today find you with less discomfort The hardest part of recovery for me (besides the pain) was the feeling of isolation and inability to do things as soon as I would have liked. Take it easy and go slow.

Bionic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 07:28 AM   #3
(female)

Valley HB User
Lightbulb Re: So Sore Inside

Thanks, Bionic, I probably need to be a bit more patient. Valley

Old 03-29-2005, 08:21 AM   #4
(female)

minxie HB User

Hi Valley, i can relate to the feeling of isolation even when I go out (which I think I've done too much of). I'd love to be able to get out and walk instead of sitting at the window watching the snow melt. I have many projects that can keep me busy, one of them is gardening and I've been getting my little plants ready for the big bad out doors. I guess, it's kind of like us getting ready for whatever the future holds. Anyway, i read your post and for some reason, it 'touched' me. I am 5 weeks post-op PLIF, not very much pain, but more of a discomfort. I get tired of standing and walking and i'm not a very good sitter and don't like to lay down in the afternoon. I'd rather be outside shoveling and getting mucky and muddy and raking and working on my rock garden retaining wall. But, it's been raining here for the last two days and I wouldn't be able to do any of that anyways . So, I will try to relax and hope that we all have a sunny and pain free day. Take care.... minxie

Old 03-29-2005, 08:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I went out to eat the first night home (six days in the hospital) and then shopping for four hours. That was not the brightest thing I have ever done in my life. Why not slow it down a little and see how you feel. When you are in the car, recline the seat all the way back if you can, that way you won't feel like you are sitting up so much. Be sure to take your meds before you hurt. I took A LOT when we'd go out. You are four weeks out though, so I guess really you probably aren't doing too much, but who knows. Your body might feel like you are. I still recline the seat sometimes and I am nearing four months post op. Heck, I am having some throbbing pain as I type (ugh). Whatever the case, try relaxing a little and some rest. See how you feel.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:28 AM   #6
(female)

Better Late HB User

Hi Valley,
I Am Almost 4 Weeks Post Op 2 Level 360 Fusion And I Feel Ya! I Went Out Yesterday For A Ride With Hubby And Then To Eat And I Think The Worst Part Was Sitting To Eat. I Reclined The Car Seat So It Was Like Lying Down.
I Think Maybe It Was A Little Too Much Cause I Was Pretty Uncomfortable Once We Got Home. But I Had Been Soooo Stir Crazy I Was Willing To Suffer The Consequences. So Maybe You Should Cut Back A Little And See If You Feel Better. Have A Good Day!
Myrna

Closed Thread