It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2005, 07:22 PM   #1
(female)

gymcoach HB User
Fluid in back?

Does anyone know what it means if you have fluid in your back around your tailbone? I hurt my back the other day and ever since then I have pain in my legs and back and there is a ton of fluid I can feel. What does it mean? Thanks. =)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2005, 07:27 PM   #2
(male)

tracer HB User
Exclamation Re: Fluid in back?

id go to a doctor and get it checked out .if it is that much fluid id say a ER was in order.i dunno but it dont sound good at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2005, 07:38 PM   #3
(female)

gymcoach HB User
Re: Fluid in back?

Are you serious? I honestly didnt think it was that big of a deal. I mean its not like my back is like a water balloon haha, its just that when I touch and try to massage where it hurts, it just like bubbly and fills like their is fluid in there. Do you really think its that bad? Also, I had a spinal tap done about 2 months ago bc they thought I had meningitis. Maybe that has something to do with it? Needless to say, my lower back is really swollen.

Old 04-02-2005, 08:14 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

I've had fluid removed from my spine, but it was around the hardware from a fusion. The only other time there was fluid, they found three leaks of spinal fluid and it required blood patches. Neither one was something to be taken lightly. It certainly is something that you at least need to get in to see your primary doc and let them check it out. It isn't normal!

Old 04-03-2005, 06:06 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

It is probley synovial cysts. The back, when it is injured, tries to protect the joint by building up cysts. They act like cushions.

Old 04-03-2005, 07:50 PM   #6
(female)

gymcoach HB User

Are those bad? Yeah I can feel them moving around.

Old 04-03-2005, 07:53 PM   #7
(female)

PeachJam HB User

I have no idea what it is because I am not an MD, but I can think of all kinds of things that it could be and they are all bad. That is not saying it is bad, but please at least call your doc on Monday and let him decide.

Keep us updated and good luck!

Closed Thread